Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1268

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    I don't think anyone has come close. The narrowest gap I could find between an NBA player's retirement and his son's rookie season was 8 years. Dell Curry retired after the 2001-02 season and Steph (14 when his dad retired) was a rookie in 2009-10.
    At one point the Warriors had four offspring NBA players - Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Glenn Robinson III, and Andrew Wiggins, but of course non-played with their parents. There was also the Barry's with Rick, Drew, Brent and Scooter all playing in the NBA and three of them with the Warriors - It's a family affair!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Brooklyn-Milwaukee in the second round will likely be the "real" Eastern Conference Final.
    What a difference a week makes.

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    What a difference a week makes.
    Still can't really see Philly or Atlanta seriously challenge either of those teams.

But a Brooklyn (Jeff Green)/Philly (Danny Green) Eastern Conference Final would keep the "Six Degrees of Shaquille O'Neal" streak alive and guarantee that for the 38th (!) consecutive year at least one future or former Shaq teammate competes in the NBA Finals.

But a Brooklyn (Jeff Green)/Philly (Danny Green) Eastern Conference Final would keep the "Six Degrees of Shaquille O'Neal" streak alive and guarantee that for the 38th (!) consecutive year at least one future or former Shaq teammate competes in the NBA Finals.
    It was kind of a joke when Shaq ended up in the Suns' lineup, at the end of his career. At the time, then head coach Mike D'Antoni had a "run and gun" style of play. Shaq's style of play was to stand under the basket and wait for someone to feed him the ball. The easiest way to defend against Shaq was to foul him and force him to the free throw line. He couldn't shoot free throws to save his life.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Watching Nets@Bucks. Nets dominating early.

The Nets dominated for about a minute. Series is tied. Bucks kicked their asses. GO BUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    The Nets dominated for about a minute. Series is tied. Bucks kicked their asses. GO BUCKS.
    There was a period in the 2nd quarter where the Bucks put on a 3 minutes clinic.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Bucks are still alive. But I'm sure the big media outlets want a Clippers/Nets Finals. That whole LA/NY thing......

^^ Meanwhile, the Suns are hoping for a 7 game Jazz/Clippers series. Chris Paul was hit with Covid protocols while Lebron wasn't. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ Meanwhile, the Suns are hoping for a 7 game Jazz/Clippers series. Chris Paul was hit with Covid protocols while Lebron wasn't. Go figure.
    LeBron never tested positive for COVID. His "protocol violation" consisted of attending an outdoor public event where attendees were required to provide proof of vaccination.

It's official: the Nets won't be winning the championship. But good on our former franchise player, Steve Nash for leading them as far as they went. Considering he's been a head coach for about a minute.

Congrats Bucks. The injuries did the Nets in. Let's be honest. But I'm happy for the Bucks.

I'm rooting for this Trey Young kid. No offense Scott... I think the Sixers will take it.

And so much for that. I think Rajon Rondo with the Clippers is the only player left who could keep that streak alive now.

Congrats Bucks. The injuries did the Nets in. Let's be honest. But I'm happy for the Bucks.

I'm rooting for this Trey Young kid. No offense Scott... I think the Sixers will take it.
    Nets fan here but I think the play calling did the Nets in. Reminded me of when Durant and Harding played for OKC. End of game is all one on one. Caught a break when when the one at the end of the 4th went in. But to have 10 seconds in OT and have to shoot a contested 3 again, be betting against that every time. Good Luck to the Bucks!

This year's finals will boil down to which team has the fewest injuries.

I think (hope) Ben Simmons played his last game in a Sixers uniform. What a pathetic performance.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I think (hope) Ben Simmons played his last game in a Sixers uniform. What a pathetic performance.
    Only 4 years and $140M remaining on his contract!

The Harlem Globetrotters apparently want to be considered when the NBA looks at expanding the league.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Pistons score the #1 pick in the draft lottery. I am not a fan of the lottery system, but I'll take it. Hopefully they won't blow it like they did when they had the #2 pick back in 2003 and took Darko Milicic who turned out to be a bust.

Only 4 years and $140M remaining on his contract!
    Nobody is touching that contract. Get used to seeing him Philly

Would love to see a Suns/Hawks Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Minnesota found a taker for Andrew Wiggins with similar term remaining (4 years, $120M+) so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Pistons score the #1 pick in the draft lottery. I am not a fan of the lottery system, but I'll take it. Hopefully they won't blow it like they did when they had the #2 pick back in 2003 and took Darko Milicic who turned out to be a bust.
    I don't think Troy Weaver is going Darko on us. This should be a "do not overthink this" moment. Just pick Cade and call it a day.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It's Cunningham most certainly

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    I am pretty sure that there will be interest. The fact that the moronic Sixers' coaches don't know how to exploit Ben, doesn't mean that other organizations don't understand his potential. Most likely he will end up in a rebuild team like the Timberwolves or Rockets, but if the Sixers are satisfied with selling a bit low we could very well see him on a grander project.