Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1268

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Rudy Gobert of the Jazz tested positive for C19 and the jazz and Thunder are currently being quarantined at the arena.

Fyi, I renamed the thread.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Bill Walton is the Jon Anderson of basketball.

Almost nothing he says is understandable. He was talking today of the virus being intergalactic.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

trying to be optimistic but it looks like there may not be any live sports until fall, if we get them this year at all. I wonder what the NBA plans to do. as a Bucks fan, I feel the only reasonable solution is to just give Milwaukee the trophy and write in the history books that LeBron got thoroughly embarrassed in the Finals.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

I've lost interest in the NBA. We finally got a general (non season specific NBA thread) and I'm just blah about the NBA Not sure if it's that I find the league unwatchable, or if the whole Covid thing just finally put a fork in it for me. OTOH, I'm looking forward to the NFL.
    E-A-T

Michael Jordan 10-part documentary series starting on Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...revealed-world

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ I'm not really a basketball fan but I will definitely be watching that.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The Last Dance. I enjoyed it as I don't remember all the details of that fiasco.

the MJ doc is very very good, I highly recommend it to all
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

^ It was strange hearing f-bombs and s-bombs on ESPN, but yes, it was very good.

I've been watching The Last Dance and it's really good. I can tell you there is a reason why Michael Jordan is regarded as the greatest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlisa700 View Post
    I've been watching The Last Dance and it's really good. I can tell you there is a reason why Michael Jordan is regarded as the greatest of all.
    I wish Len Bias wouldn't have died, history would be a whole different story.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Just think of how much money the WNBA won't lose if their season is canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    The Last Dance. I enjoyed it as I don't remember all the details of that fiasco.
    I was so wrong. Well, not quite wrong but not right. He's a total and complete dick - as shown in the doc - and I'll trust my sis when it comes to tipping and he doesn't tip.

They won six of eight, fine and dandy. But that was a ten hour commercial for Mike and he can go to hell.

There was some details that came out that were fascinating and fun but overall he's just human excrement. The guy can win a million and not tip, sorry, I have no respect for you. Chad Ochocino can tip a 1,000 bucks but Jordan can't tip a dollar?

Oh, and RIP Jerry Sloan. Dude was a bad ass coach. Only got stymied by that MJ dude.

RIP Jerry Sloan.

RIP Wes Unseld.

Damn.

Not sure if I completely agree with Kyrie Irving but I do agree this NBA season should just be cancelled. Kyrie has a point regarding the BLM cause at this time, but it's also about this "bubble" the league wants to put the players in in central Florida. I see that as a potential disaster. I say call it a day, or at least let the scrub players play and the stars can stay home.

Seriously, even if the NBA starts up again for the 2019/2020 season, the playoffs and championship will have a huge asterisk next to it.

My concern would be how does playing the rest of this season, or going straight to the Playoffs impact next season? These guys need time to recuperate. Yes, they've had a long break, but that changes with a restart. Do we have this year end around late August, and next year start a month later? I can see the timing being very problematic, given that it's mid-June now, and a normal season would be finishing up now.

Good points Moe. I think if they do play out this season it should be with the low paid, second teamers, or players from developmental teams.

I'd be okay if they permanently scheduled the season within the calendar year (like after the Super Bowl) and play through summer and end before the NFL starts. I'd probably be more interest in MLB if they permanently shortened the regular season too. Anyway.

I agree with cancelling the season and starting over next year at the normal time. The format they have decided upon is extremely unfair to a lot of teams.
    So what if you have no chance of making the playoffs? You might be rebuilding and desperately need the game experience for your team. Evaluations have to be made
    about the future. These teams are going to have to wait almost a year before playing again. Not right.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I haven't watched a single NBA game this season. I lost interest. Not even sure if the playoffs are on free TV. But I listen to sports talk radio and following the Miami Heat's great post season run. Undefeated so far. So now I'm interested but I can't see the games. Ain't that a pie in the face....

Lakers are too much for the Heat, but we had a great run up to the Final.

Any thoughts on the NBA draft last night? I thought my Pistons did quite well with their 4 picks.