Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I ain't buying it. The Ws embarrassed them in the first two games. They knew Cleveland would win a game at home. If the final score of game 3 would've been closer then I'd probably agree with you. I think the Ws just didn't think winning game 3 was important.
    They were also slaughtered a couple of times by OKC to go down 3-1. Didn't they think those games were important?

I still think GS let them win. It wasn't worth scrapping over it. They new they'd probably take game 3. The Eastern Conf. just can't beat the West when it really counts. That low scoring, physical style doesn't work against teams that make all their jump shots and rain down 3s.

I read this in an ESPN thread:

So lemme get this straight... Lebron starts it, he escilates it, has to be held back because he REPEATEDLY attempts to come at Draymond in a threatening manner, the refs see everything that happened, double-check the video on the spot and decide they don't see a flagrant foul, but now Draymond (the dude who got away from the situation as quickly as possibe and calmly watched Lebron go "nuts" while the refs called NOTHING for THAT threatening behavior) is the one getting suspended? Maybe the NBA should suspend the refs for letting 80% of the foul calls go in game four and cultivating the "anything goes no foul is a foul" style of play we all saw witnessed?
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Just another wishful revenue ploy by the NBA to give the Cavs a minuscule chance to take it to 6 instead of no chance at all.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I read this in an ESPN thread:

So lemme get this straight... Lebron starts it, he escilates it, has to be held back because he REPEATEDLY attempts to come at Draymond in a threatening manner, the refs see everything that happened, double-check the video on the spot and decide they don't see a flagrant foul, but now Draymond (the dude who got away from the situation as quickly as possibe and calmly watched Lebron go "nuts" while the refs called NOTHING for THAT threatening behavior) is the one getting suspended?
    So I think it would only be stating the obvious to say that if the Cavaliers were to go on to win the series, that it would be the result of the NBA orchestrating a professional wrestling-style Cavs comeback and eventual championship going to Cleveland, right?

Damn.

So Fake Bobby Brown wasn't the difference between winning and losing after all.

I'll be very surprised if either team wins 7 by double digits.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

NBA TV had a Warriors victory parade scheduled for Sunday. Guess they'll have to go with garden gnomes on a conveyor belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    So I think it would only be stating the obvious to say that if the Cavaliers were to go on to win the series, that it would be the result of the NBA orchestrating a professional wrestling-style Cavs comeback and eventual championship going to Cleveland, right?
    Indeed. Rigged. $$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I'll eat my words if the Cavs pull a win outta their asses in Game 5 (at the Ws).
    Pass the salt.

The Cavs have pulled a nice "OKC Thunder" in this series, but GS will win game 7.

The Cavs have pulled a nice "OKC Thunder" in this series, but GS will win game 7.
    I heard LeBron's comments after the game...Didn't sound like a worried man.

Just sayin'.

Should be a hell of a game on Sunday. I'm not missing that one.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'll be very surprised if either team wins 7 by double digits.
    Really? After six consecutive double-digit victories, and most of them blowouts?

Oddest stat: *If* Golden State loses game 7 they would finish the playoffs with the same number of losses as they had in the regular season.

Should be a hell of a game on Sunday. I'm not missing that one.
    The prediction markets are giving the Cavs about a 1 in 3 chance of winning the game.

I think anything can happen - close game or blowouts in either direction. That's how the series has been going.

Someone asked me if I was on the edge of my seat for Game 6 and I didn't think we had any chance to win in CLE. Win or Lose, I'm excited for game 7 - can't beat game 7's.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Just saw an odd stat on NBA Network. ..All 6 games have been decided by 10+ points, but both teams have scored a total of 610 points so far in the series.

Go Cavs Go......

I'll catch the last two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'll catch the last two minutes.
    Don't make me think of you as the "46 minute idiot", Ed.

Lotta jawing between Curry and James.

It's a dog fight.

Does every player hafta shoot a three?
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Nail-biter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Those threes are killing the Cavs.

Why doesn't Adam Silver just come down and foul out Curry himself. A joke of a series and league.