Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Well, the Clips weren't going to win it all, but they're really toast now.
    Yup. The Dubs without Curry are a shitload better than the Clips without Paul (said Capt. Obvious).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Stick a fork in the Heat. Didn't see the game but just saw the score.

And the Rockets are an embarrassment of a team. For all your sakes, I hope Howard goes to a team not represented by a fan here on PE.

I feel super bad for Utah as they would've actually tried.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

The Heat are gonna have to sacrifice their bodies tonight if they have a prayer.

We won?

Total annihilation so far. But, seeing how Miami tends to have these meltdowns in big games I'm not queuing up the fat lady yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    We won?
    Charlotte couldn't take care of business on their home court, when doing so would have advanced them to the next round. They didn't deserve to win in Miami.

I'm not one who believes in conspiracies, and "fixes" in sports, but how does a team lose three games in a row and comes back to win the series? This buddy of mine's telling me the refs were selling tickets to the series, and the reason why we lost those 3 games was because of the officiating. I didn't see all the games but I heard some grumbling about the officiating. I still don't like blaming officials, or "conspiracies" for losses but really, if this 7 game series was a Hollywood film, it couldn't have been scripted better.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm not one who believes in conspiracies, and "fixes" in sports, but how does a team lose three games in a row and comes back to win the series? This buddy of mine's telling me the refs were selling tickets to the series, and the reason why we lost those 3 games was because of the officiating. I didn't see all the games but I heard some grumbling about the officiating. I still don't like blaming officials, or "conspiracies" for losses but really, if this 7 game series was a Hollywood film, it couldn't have been scripted better.
    It does look suspicious, except that I think if the NBA wanted to cook a series, it would be one of the more compelling series, not the Heat/Hornets hot potato fest.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    It does look suspicious, except that I think if the NBA wanted to cook a series, it would be one of the more compelling series, not the Heat/Hornets hot potato fest.
    Almost everyone thought that this series was going 7 games. I don't think it looks cooked or suspicious at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Almost everyone thought that this series was going 7 games. I don't think it looks cooked or suspicious at all.
    Sure, suspicious isn't an accurate term in this case; convenient or fortuitous yes, but no cooking necessary. Middle of the pack teams blowing 3 game leads in a 7-game series isn't that uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Sure, suspicious isn't an accurate term in this case; convenient or fortuitous yes, but no cooking necessary. Middle of the pack teams blowing 3 game leads in a 7-game series isn't that uncommon.
    8 series, and only three were even any good. It was one of the least memorable first rounds I've ever seen in the NBA. If the NBA was cooking anything, they did a horrible job of it.

Maybe I just don't know this league that well. The Hornets looked like a different team yesterday. Christ, they had their foot on our throats, and yesterday it was like they folded before the first half ended.

The first round of the playoffs is a joke! Mostly because there is so much disparity between the top 2 or 3 teams in each conference and ALL the rest. In the West I don't get any sense the second round is going to offer much more entertainment either.

In the East it looks to me like CLE and TOR in a couple of series that got 6 or 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    8 series, and only three were even any good. It was one of the least memorable first rounds I've ever seen in the NBA. If the NBA was cooking anything, they did a horrible job of it.
    unless of course your favorite team/s win

Being an old Sonics fan I can tells ya, there are no forgone conclusions.

Cleveland looks unstoppable in the East. Really wanna see a Heat\Cavs Eastern Conference Finals. We'll lose but if it happens it's more than I expected.

Cavaliers are rollin', but it is the Hawks. Still, I like the way that they're playing.

Onward & upward, fingers crossed.

Whiteside out for the game. Our defense is non existent and Toronto ain't playing around.

Whoa OKC looks like they're about to upset the Spurs.

The Spurs are not as good as advertised. OKC had a bunch of turnovers in crunch time , and still managed to win that game.

They're getting long on the tooth, but they looked unstoppable in the regular season and first round.

I think the East will be Cavs v. Raptors, which is very similar to the GSW v. Blazers match-up. One team mature and successful and the other young and hungry. In the West it'll be Dubs v. OKC. Both good conf finals but neither leading to a result other than a repeat of last years finals, which is going to be an awesome match-up!

So, tell me again...How did Miami and Toronto make the playoffs?

Well, the Finals will be a rematch of last year's teams. Should be a hell of a series.

After their 10-72 season, Sixers president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo has indicated an interest in trading their first round pick, which can't be lower than 4th.

The Sixers would also get the Lakers first round pick (which can't be lower than 5th) if it falls out of the top three. The draft lottery is next Tuesday.