Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Watch Lebron leave Cleveland again.
    I keep reading this kind of statement in the comments section of many NBA related online articles. I wonder where it comes from? I can only conclude that many people think his open letter to SI announcing his return to Cleveland was a bunch of happy horseshit.

The perception of Lebron is that he's only thinking of himself and not the team. Maybe we're all wrong, but you just get the feeling that he's restless, and if he doesn't get another ring soon he'll split and go where he thinks he can win another championship.

Honestly, when Lebron left Miami I was pissed off. I got over it an hour later. Pat Riley hasn't gotten over it though. I used to root for Lebron (like, doh?), but now I kinda hope he never wins another championship. I'm loving seeing Golden State just mow everyone down.
    Last edited by Vic2012; 02-01-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    The perception of Lebron is that he's only thinking of himself and not the team. Maybe we're all wrong, but you just get the feeling that he's restless, and if he doesn't get another ring soon he'll split and go where he thinks he can win another championship.
    Have you been listening to the Dan Le Bastard show? If LeBron was to leave Cleveland again, his "brand" would be damaged beyond repair. All of the goodwill he gained for "The Return" would be gone. LeBron's concerned about his legacy. Yes, he wants to win more championships. To quote Dana Carvey as George Bush, it "doesn't look good in the history books" if he has 2, but Michael, Kobe, Magic, Larry etc have how many they have. But where could he go? He's on the team with a record payroll. It's a championship caliber team. If the Cavaliers don't win the title, it won't be because they don't have a team capable of winning one, it will be because they had the misfortune of coming along during the Golden State era. Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc can tell you similar stories, so I don't know where he goes.

Dan Lebatard is a Tard. He's known as The Tard down here.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Have you been listening to the Dan Le Bastard show? If LeBron was to leave Cleveland again, his "brand" would be damaged beyond repair. All of the goodwill he gained for "The Return" would be gone. LeBron's concerned about his legacy. Yes, he wants to win more championships. To quote Dana Carvey as George Bush, it "doesn't look good in the history books" if he has 2, but Michael, Kobe, Magic, Larry etc have how many they have. But where could he go? He's on the team with a record payroll. It's a championship caliber team. If the Cavaliers don't win the title, it won't be because they don't have a team capable of winning one, it will be because they had the misfortune of coming along during the Golden State era. Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc can tell you similar stories, so I don't know where he goes.
    Or you could say the era of Team Ball, which LeBron doesn't play. It took Miami three all-stars and a great supporting cast to win championships against team ball and while he has that in Cleveland, I don't feel the cast is there yet. I heard rumors that LBJ wanted Mark Jackson as his coach which would actually have gotten them a start towards the kind of ball GSW play.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I keep reading this kind of statement in the comments section of many NBA related online articles. I wonder where it comes from?
    Possibly from his decision to sign successive 1-year contracts with the Cavs rather than a long-term deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    Possibly from his decision to sign successive 1-year contracts with the Cavs rather than a long-term deal?
    That's due to the raising of the salary cap after this season, and possibly to keep pressure on management.

Watching Heat/Hornets. I wanna say the Heat are in the upper echelon of average teams. Even against average teams we struggle. Just get in the playoffs.

Jimmy Butler had to be carried off of the court tonight. Looks like a sprained knee.

That team can't catch a break.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We won. We should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Jimmy Butler had to be carried off of the court tonight. Looks like a sprained knee.

That team can't catch a break.
    Kevin Love may have been injured tonight as well.

When you really suck, you get fired-
    http://abc7ny.com/sports/new-york-kn...eason/1191823/

**The New York Knicks have fired coach Derek Fisher after a 23-31 start to his second season, sources tell ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.
    New York has lost nine of 10 games and five in a row. The Knicks went 17-65 in his first season. Kurt Rambis will serve as interim coach.**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    When you really suck, you get fired-
    http://abc7ny.com/sports/new-york-kn...eason/1191823/

**The New York Knicks have fired coach Derek Fisher after a 23-31 start to his second season, sources tell ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.
    New York has lost nine of 10 games and five in a row. The Knicks went 17-65 in his first season. Kurt Rambis will serve as interim coach.**
    Fisher will land on his feet. New York has a ways to go, (many seasons) to get back to winning.

Question, is Lue an interim or regular coach?

Looks like Chris Bosh is out for the season. Blood clots. His career might be over.

And we are kicking the shit outta the Washington Wizards. Still another half to go.

Loss number 5 for us. Nice to bounce back against the Clips, hate that team.

Nice win for the Cavaliers at OKCity, but I've become pessimistic about their chances in the finals, although I do expect them to be there again.

Apparently we signed Anderson Varejao. He'll be much needed size for us, but will slip to 3rd back-up once Bogut and Ezeli are back.

Anthony Davis scored a whopping 59 points yesterday in a win over Detroit. The rest of the Pelicans starting lineup combined for just 19 points!

Nice win for the Cavaliers at OKCity, but I've become pessimistic about their chances in the finals, although I do expect them to be there again.
    The Cavs will have a great chance to win the NBA finals if they get there, IMO. The Spurs are probably a harder match-up for them than GS, but I think they'd more likely than not beat either team.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Cavs will have a great chance to win the NBA finals if they get there, IMO. The Spurs are probably a harder match-up for them than GS, but I think they'd more likely than not beat either team.
    I still don't see that. They need to get away from isolation ball late in games to win. Plus, the Spurs and GSW play much better defense than the Thunder.

SA and GSW are #1 and #2 in the league in OPP FG%.

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    OK, here's the deal, the Warriors have never in their history had "that" player, the kind that transcends stardom to super-stardom. In fact there are only a few in the history of the league, we know them by one name, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Jordan, LeBron, etc. I am accustomed to marveling at these players enviously from afar, but never on my team, creating miracles night in and night out. This is truly magical and more so in that it is happening here in the Bay Area.

By the way, the NBA is making a killing off of Curry - the NBA video of that shot had 12 million views 8 hours after it was posted and over 15 million 4 hours later. That's a ton of eyeballs!

^ The amazing thing to me is that when he came out, he was viewed as an undersized jump shooter who could provide outside shooting, but not be the transcendent player that he has become. Didn't he go 7th or 8th that year? A lot of teams would probably like a do over.