Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

  1. #1126
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,050
    "At this point, I don't care about that man. He does what he wants"

    - Joel Embiid, on Ben Simmons
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  2. #1127
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,545
    ^ The Cavaliers have been rumored as a possible destination. That guy is the last thing we need.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  3. #1128
    Member Just Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The Cavaliers have been rumored as a possible destination. That guy is the last thing we need.
    I bet fans of every team not the Sixers are crossing their fingers to NOT get him in a trade.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

  4. #1129
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    BREAKING: Ben Simmons continues to act like a spoiled child, as Doc Rivers suspends his ass for not engaging in practice.
    The Sixers made it clear after last season's playoffs that Simmons was no longer welcome and then spent the entire summer very publicly shopping him around the league. His "Put up or shut up" response by dogging it in practice hardly makes him a "spoiled child". How motivated would you be to continue working hard if your employer told you they didn't want you around anymore?

  5. #1130
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,050
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The Cavaliers have been rumored as a possible destination. That guy is the last thing we need.
    I think every team has been rumored, at some point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    The Sixers made it clear after last season's playoffs that Simmons was no longer welcome and then spent the entire summer very publicly shopping him around the league. His "Put up or shut up" response by dogging it in practice hardly makes him a "spoiled child". How motivated would you be to continue working hard if your employer told you they didn't want you around anymore?
    Oh no! How horrible! His team wants to trade him??? The nerve!!!!

    Jesus Christ. You're paid to work hard. You want out? Work hard, and give another team a reason to trade for you. As it is now, no team would want him, and he's not going to get what he wants.

    Yes, he's a spoiled child, making millions of dollars and can't put in any effort at all. Simmons is 100% to blame, here.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  6. #1131
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The Cavaliers have been rumored as a possible destination. That guy is the last thing we need.
    I'd take him for that "Top 55-protected" draft pick they got from the Rockets for Kevin Porter Jr.

  7. #1132
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    I'd take him for that "Top 55-protected" draft pick they got from the Rockets for Kevin Porter Jr.
    I'm not sure I'd do that. We need outside shooters, which he most certainly is not, and we have the youngest roster in the League. We don't need a "me first" malcontent to influence our young guys. It would have made much more sense to keep KPJr.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  8. #1133
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    6,056
    The Pistons are going to be fun to watch this year. Tons of young raw talent on this team that will be interesting to see how they develop over the course of the season. I thought their draft this year was about as good as it could be.

  9. #1134
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,545
    Evan Mobley is a freakish talent. Even the national media is using the word "unicorn" to describe him.

    The young talent that league GMs dissed is coming together in the midst of a bizarre early schedule that has them on the road for a long stretch of their early games. 7-4 with wins over playoff level teams on their court.

    They've got my attention again.

  10. #1135
    Ugh, Mobley out for 2-4 weeks, joining Sexton, Markkanen, Love, Allen, and Lamar Stevens on the sidelines...

    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Evan Mobley is a freakish talent. Even the national media is using the word "unicorn" to describe him.

    The young talent that league GMs dissed is coming together in the midst of a bizarre early schedule that has them on the road for a long stretch of their early games. 7-4 with wins over playoff level teams on their court.

    They've got my attention again.

  11. #1136
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    Ugh, Mobley out for 2-4 weeks, joining Sexton, Markkanen, Love, Allen, and Lamar Stevens on the sidelines...
    One of the things that can always be counted on is God hates Cleveland.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •