Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1268

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

"At this point, I don't care about that man. He does what he wants"

- Joel Embiid, on Ben Simmons
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^ The Cavaliers have been rumored as a possible destination. That guy is the last thing we need.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The Cavaliers have been rumored as a possible destination. That guy is the last thing we need.
    I bet fans of every team not the Sixers are crossing their fingers to NOT get him in a trade.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    BREAKING: Ben Simmons continues to act like a spoiled child, as Doc Rivers suspends his ass for not engaging in practice.
    The Sixers made it clear after last season's playoffs that Simmons was no longer welcome and then spent the entire summer very publicly shopping him around the league. His "Put up or shut up" response by dogging it in practice hardly makes him a "spoiled child". How motivated would you be to continue working hard if your employer told you they didn't want you around anymore?

I think every team has been rumored, at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    The Sixers made it clear after last season's playoffs that Simmons was no longer welcome and then spent the entire summer very publicly shopping him around the league. His "Put up or shut up" response by dogging it in practice hardly makes him a "spoiled child". How motivated would you be to continue working hard if your employer told you they didn't want you around anymore?
    Oh no! How horrible! His team wants to trade him??? The nerve!!!!

Jesus Christ. You're paid to work hard. You want out? Work hard, and give another team a reason to trade for you. As it is now, no team would want him, and he's not going to get what he wants.

Yes, he's a spoiled child, making millions of dollars and can't put in any effort at all. Simmons is 100% to blame, here.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'd take him for that "Top 55-protected" draft pick they got from the Rockets for Kevin Porter Jr.

I'd take him for that "Top 55-protected" draft pick they got from the Rockets for Kevin Porter Jr.
    I'm not sure I'd do that. We need outside shooters, which he most certainly is not, and we have the youngest roster in the League. We don't need a "me first" malcontent to influence our young guys. It would have made much more sense to keep KPJr.

The Pistons are going to be fun to watch this year. Tons of young raw talent on this team that will be interesting to see how they develop over the course of the season. I thought their draft this year was about as good as it could be.

Evan Mobley is a freakish talent. Even the national media is using the word "unicorn" to describe him.

The young talent that league GMs dissed is coming together in the midst of a bizarre early schedule that has them on the road for a long stretch of their early games. 7-4 with wins over playoff level teams on their court.

They've got my attention again.

Ugh, Mobley out for 2-4 weeks, joining Sexton, Markkanen, Love, Allen, and Lamar Stevens on the sidelines...

Evan Mobley is a freakish talent. Even the national media is using the word "unicorn" to describe him.

The young talent that league GMs dissed is coming together in the midst of a bizarre early schedule that has them on the road for a long stretch of their early games. 7-4 with wins over playoff level teams on their court.

They've got my attention again.

Ugh, Mobley out for 2-4 weeks, joining Sexton, Markkanen, Love, Allen, and Lamar Stevens on the sidelines...
    One of the things that can always be counted on is God hates Cleveland.

Sixers get James Harden!

Nets get:
    Ben Simmons (LOL)
    Andre Drummond
    Seth Curry
    2022 1st Rounder
    2027(!) 1st Rounder

^ Wow. They had to really want to get rid of Simmons to part with all the rest. Idk, Scott. I can see why you're happy he's gone, but that's too much for Harden.

I haven't posted in this thread lately, because I don't think there's much of a fanbase for the NBA on PE, but I am having all kinds of fun this season.

The Sixers paid to:

1) Get rid of Simmons
    2) Acquire Harden
    3) Not waste a great season by Embiid

I'm fine with it.

The Sixers paid to:

1) Get rid of Simmons
    2) Acquire Harden

I'm fine with it.
    I hope this leads to a resurgence by both Harden and Simmons. JD now playing with his second Curry.

Simmons is just soft. There won't be any resurgence.

Dallas gave up on Porzingas for... not much.

Simmons is just soft. There won't be any resurgence.
    I don't know if Simmons is soft, but he's definitely limited. Excellent defender with no outside shot whatsoever. Not good enough in today's NBA. Not to mention attitude/selfishness, etc.

^ Wow. They had to really want to get rid of Simmons to part with all the rest. Idk, Scott. I can see why you're happy he's gone, but that's too much for Harden.

I haven't posted in this thread lately, because I don't think there's much of a fanbase for the NBA on PE, but I am having all kinds of fun this season.
    I am a fan, but not much to watch for us Pistons fans at the moment.

Dallas gave up on Porzingas for... not much.
    Crazy trade.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am a fan, but not much to watch for us Pistons fans at the moment.
    Your day's coming Steve, if your GM knows what he's doing. We had...what?..3 or 4 years in the wilderness. GMs off the record saying they wouldn't want any of the young guys our GM drafted. Picked to be in the lottery again this year...To now, contending for the top seed in the East. (Without injuries and Covid sidelines, we'd be number one by some margin. Before acquiring LaVert.) It's the price a team has to pay to be able to put 3-4-5 young talents together to make a team that can grow together. But the GM can't miss. Case in point: Philly. Hit with Embiid and Simmons (sort of) and missed with Fultz and Okafor. Can't do that. We hit with Sexton, Garland (and how!), Mobley (and how!) and acquired Allen & Markkenen in trades. Okoro could still turn out to be a stud, he's only 21. We're the next Golden St. We've got 5-8 years of big time upside barring injuries, arrests, inability to sign/extend, etc.

God, I'm psyched. This is better than the LeBron years, potentially.

We're the next Golden St. We've got 5-8 years of big time upside barring injuries, arrests, inability to sign/extend, etc.
    I don't know much about the Pistons and personnel, but I am a huge Dubs fan and if they are following the model Bob Myers has applied here you are right about an awesome future. Team chemistry and a constant awareness of stars, veteran talent, rookie and young talent is the right approach to prolonged winning. Oh, that and getting a few high draft picks after a injury riddled failure of a season.

Your day's coming Steve, if your GM knows what he's doing. We had...what?..3 or 4 years in the wilderness. GMs off the record saying they wouldn't want any of the young guys our GM drafted. Picked to be in the lottery again this year...To now, contending for the top seed in the East. (Without injuries and Covid sidelines, we'd be number one by some margin. Before acquiring LaVert.) It's the price a team has to pay to be able to put 3-4-5 young talents together to make a team that can grow together. But the GM can't miss. Case in point: Philly. Hit with Embiid and Simmons (sort of) and missed with Fultz and Okafor. Can't do that. We hit with Sexton, Garland (and how!), Mobley (and how!) and acquired Allen & Markkenen in trades. Okoro could still turn out to be a stud, he's only 21. We're the next Golden St. We've got 5-8 years of big time upside barring injuries, arrests, inability to sign/extend, etc.

God, I'm psyched. This is better than the LeBron years, potentially.
    I think the Pistons are rebuilding he right way. They had a pretty amazing draft last year and just need to develop the young talent that they have. As you mention, they will be a lottery pick again this year, so can hopefully pick up some more young talent for the future. The Pistons basically broke the team down to bare bones in order to rebuild. It will be a few years, but hopefully it all will eventually pay off.

The Sixers paid to:

1) Get rid of Simmons
    2) Acquire Harden

I'm fine with it.
    Since Simmons wasn't even on the court this season, the trade is effectively Andre Drummond and Seth Curry (plus the two costly 1st round picks) for James Harden. For just those three players, I'm good with the trade, as a Sixers fan. The Sixers need their younger guys to step up now too.

For the Nets, I'd be worried about the same thing happening with Simmons in the playoffs that happened last year in Philly. They'll have to get Simmons off the court at the end of close games, or it's going to be Hack-A-Ben over and over again. And that's in Ben's head today, I can almost guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    Since Simmons wasn't even on the court this season, the trade is effectively Andre Drummond and Seth Curry (plus the two costly 1st round picks) for James Harden. For just those three players, I'm good with the trade, as a Sixers fan. The Sixers need their younger guys to step up now too.

For the Nets, I'd be worried about the same thing happening with Simmons in the playoffs that happened last year in Philly. They'll have to get Simmons off the court at the end of close games, or it's going to be Hack-A-Ben over and over again. And that's in Ben's head today, I can almost guarantee.
    You also get Simmons' awful contract off of the books. So, the gain from that is almost as great as getting Harden.