Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1267

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Congratulations Suns.
    Now they get to take a breather, waiting for the outcome of that other series in the East.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Congrats Bucks...

Milwaukee is just north of Chicago, from where the Suns' last finals opponents haled. Coincidence?

A shame the Geezer missed out on this.

I'm just glad there's no game on Wednesday, the one day a week I go into the office in Downtown Phoenix. The train would be an absolute zoo. Particularly with the games scheduled to play during prime time East Coast time. We're on Mountain Standard/Pacific Daylight time.

The Deers have a strangle hold on this series. Imagine if Giannis Antetototakumbo could make all his free throws.

^^ All I can think is Chris Paul must have made a bet against the Suns winning. He hasn't really shown up for the last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ He hasn't really shown up for the last 3 games.
    He's old. He's running out of gas. I honestly don't care who wins. I think Giannis is a great athlete. He's humble and I wish the kid much success.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    He's old. He's running out of gas. I honestly don't care who wins. I think Giannis is a great athlete. He's humble and I wish the kid much success.
    He's from outside the US. Of course he's more of a sportsman.

Congrats to the NBA Champion Milwaukee Bucks. Sad that Geezer didn't live to see it.

Congratulations Bucks.

My wife is from Wisconsin and all of her brothers and several nephews are big into the Bucks, so I watched quite a bit of the series. I honestly thought they were toast after the first 2 games, but man did they fight back. Great game last night. It looked like one hell of a party in Milwaukee last night.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It looked like one hell of a party in Milwaukee last night.
    Only 3 people shot.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...otings-wound-3

Sad that people can't enjoy these type of things without resorting to such behavior.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

This may be heretical to say here in Phoenix, but it's probably just as well the Suns won't win Game 7 tomorrow. I can just see exuberant fans climbing on top of a train which passes right in front of the Suns' arena, touching the overhead power line which powers it, and electrocuting themselves. The D-Backs ballpark is right next to the arena, but when the D-Backs won it all almost exactly 20 years ago, the light rail line did not yet exist.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    This may be heretical to say here in Phoenix, but it's probably just as well the Suns won't win Game 7 tomorrow. I can just see exuberant fans climbing on top of a train which passes right in front of the Suns' arena, touching the overhead power line which powers it, and electrocuting themselves. The D-Backs ballpark is right next to the arena, but when the D-Backs won it all almost exactly 20 years ago, the light rail line did not yet exist.
    Dude, that's Darwin Awards stuff.

Kudos to coach Monty Williams though. He took the Suns from not making the playoffs for a decade, straight into the finals. After game 6, he went to the Bucks' locker room to congratulate them.

let me tell you as a lifelong Bucks fan that was one hell of a rollercoaster playoffs. the Middleton buzzer beater vs. Miami feels like it was about 9 months ago. my god did that entire run feel scripted, like something out of a Disney movie. first, vanquish the team that embarrassed you last year. make the first game close to instill a little fear and then demolish them. then, go up against the much-hated superteam in the East, get your spirit crushed, look out of sorts for several games (but somehow still in it!), get your heart ripped out by Kevin Durant, then play one of the closest Game 7s ever, nearly get your heart ripped out by Durant AGAIN, only not because his feet are so incredibly big, and then win in overtime (something Wisconsin teams NEVER do in the playoffs!)...go to Atlanta, a team you should beat...oh no!!! Your star player bends his knee backwards! The playoffs...maybe even the franchise...are done!! But wait!! Somehow he sustained no damage and can be back for the Finals! Win the next 2 without him, get Giannis back for Phoenix, go down 0-2 AGAIN, then somehow start kicking ass, winning two consecutive games on bonkers late 4th quarter plays, setting up the opportunity for BUCKS IN 6 to come true in Milwaukee, which it does, on the back of....Giannis's free throw shooting??? get the hell out of here

anyway, I'm still buzzing from all this. I'm so glad Giannis got a ring - I know he's great, but man after seeing what's happened to the Packers this past decade you really can't take a single thing for granted. Dude is just so unbelievably pure. I can't believe we wound up with him.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

NBA draft today and the Pistons have the first pick. Unless they trade the pick, Cade Cunningham is the obvious choice. Hopefully this will be the start of bringing the team back into contention.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Cavaliers moved up to the 3rd pick, which will probably put them just out of the running for the guy I want. Evan Mobley of USC, who is likely to go 1 or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I think Rockets will get him. Christian Wood provides a safe environment for him to develop - and maybe they could play together, who knows?
    It's very much looking like we are going to get Mobley. After watching a bunch of footage of Green, I would be equally happy with him, however Houston looks certain to take him.

Happy as a clam. We got the Unicorn.

The trading season started with a bang with Washington sending Russell Westbrook to the Lakers for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, KCP, and a first round pick.

And Cleveland sent Taurean Prince to the T-Wolves for Ricky Rubio. Really don't like one this as a Cavs fan.

Pistons got Cade, and then Livers and Garza in the 2nd round. That's a nice haul. Things are looking up for Deee-troit Basketball.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Pistons got Cade, and then Livers and Garza in the 2nd round. That's a nice haul. Things are looking up for Deee-troit Basketball.
    Agree, the Pistons absolutely knocked it out of the park! Living in Big 10 country I have been watching Livers and Garza the last few years and they are both great players and should easily make the roster. Cade is a franchise changing athlete. Add in current Pistons Jeremi Grant, Saddiq Bey, and this team should get good fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    The trading season started with a bang with Washington sending Russell Westbrook to the Lakers for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, KCP, and a first round pick.

And Cleveland sent Taurean Prince to the T-Wolves for Ricky Rubio. Really don't like one this as a Cavs fan.
    And the NBA Final runner-up Suns traded away their first round pick last night.

BREAKING: Ben Simmons continues to act like a spoiled child, as Doc Rivers suspends his ass for not engaging in practice.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally