Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Sheesh, doesn't seem fair. Warriors rest for a week before the Finals.
    Maybe they will come out like the Islanders did against the Canes.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

wtf the Bucks? At the most crucial moment the team is collapsing (I still haven't lost hope though)

Win or lose I don't see either team beating GS. Bucks have had a successful season, imo.

If the Bucks can come back (fan or not, I doubt there will be a game 7 but I hope I don't know what I'm talking about), they have much more of a chance to surprise GS than Toronto based on match-ups, but not if Giannis forgets who he is as he's done the last 3 games. Props to Kawhi for excelling through the pain.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I think Bucks' problem lies less in Giannis' performance (he gets mercilessly beaten by 3 people each time he enters the paint) and more in the lack of help from the other players and the coach. Bledsoe? horrible. Middleton disappointing in the last 2 games.

If the Bucks would have tied the game somehow and gone to overtime it would have just been another major screw up by the officiating.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    If the Bucks can come back (fan or not, I doubt there will be a game 7 but I hope I don't know what I'm talking about), they have much more of a chance to surprise GS than Toronto based on match-ups, but not if Giannis forgets who he is as he's done the last 3 games. Props to Kawhi for excelling through the pain.
    Disappointed but not surprised. Raps were hungrier & Kawhi was zen-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I think Bucks' problem lies less in Giannis' performance (he gets mercilessly beaten by 3 people each time he enters the paint) and more in the lack of help from the other players and the coach. Bledsoe? horrible. Middleton disappointing in the last 2 games.
    Upon reflection, I think you're right. I wonder why during an 82 game season NO ONE had ever built "The Wall" that would effectively make Giannis essentially a passer & rebounder before? Giannis's FT % dropped from 78% during the reg. season and their 1st 2 series to 50% in the last 6 games. That's a lot of lost points that could have changed an outcome of a game.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Well, hopefully Raptors can win a couple games in the series. I see a sweep but never know.

I see a sweep too.

Well, Trono has home court. I see them winning at least one game. If they lose in 6 I'll be satisfied. They've had a great season either way.

Welp, even if the Raptors go 2-zip, as much as I'm rooting for them, I still expect the Ws to win the series. It's a great story for Canadian sports, even though Drake is embarrassing the whole of Canada......

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I see a sweep too.
    You need new glasses Steve
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

The Ws could sweep them in reverse, although I hope not.

This new NBA is something I just don't get. There was a 5 point difference with about 5 minutes to play last night, and Toronto (who was losing) is trying for 3-pointers. Missing, of course, but they kept trying. They keep tossing the ball from position to position hoping for an open 3-pointer. It's baffling.

Do teams now have something against fast breaks? I have seen many plays where the players pull back and wait for a secure.... 3-point attempt

I agree Bruno, but apparently the 3 point shot is a higher percentage shot than a layup. Personally, I say get the points you can when the opportunity is there. Drive to the damn hole, get the 2 points.

Gruno, damn autocorrect.

I agree Bruno, but apparently the 3 point shot is a higher percentage shot than a layup. Personally, I say get the points you can when the opportunity is there. Drive to the damn hole, get the 2 points.
    Or draw a foul in the process.

Gruno, damn autocorrect.

Bruno.....

Hilarious. That's your new name.......

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    This new NBA is something I just don't get. There was a 5 point difference with about 5 minutes to play last night, and Toronto (who was losing) is trying for 3-pointers. Missing, of course, but they kept trying. They keep tossing the ball from position to position hoping for an open 3-pointer. It's baffling.

Do teams now have something against fast breaks? I have seen many plays where the players pull back and wait for a secure.... 3-point attempt
    Yeah, it's not your father's NBA that's for sure. Don't get me wrong these guys are every bit as talented as the generations before them but it's just a different style of play. It seems like every time somebody does Drive an attempt to lay the ball in or dunk they get fouled because players aren't used to defending an aggressive drive to the basket. It's as though modern players are afraid of getting fouled (you know, a real foul). Maybe it was those Shakespearean throws of agony flops that Vladi Divac introduced back in the '90s. And why is there always one or two players that wind up on the floor almost every play? There are guys falling to the floor as a make shots. The style of play is definitely a lot wilder in the last 10 years or so. And does anybody actually play the position of Center anymore? A guy like Shaquille O'Neal would average 50 points a game in today's NBA

Center??? Who posts up close to the basket for a feed and a dunk anymore??? No one!

Yeah, I sound like I want them off my lawn, because I do!!!

seems like every time somebody does Drive an attempt to lay the ball in or dunk they get fouled because players aren't used to defending an aggressive drive to the basket.
    Yeah, every time I see a player just bolt like lightning down the court, and he flies up to dunk the ball he gets mugged every time. It's ugly ball. The other thing is seeing players get away with walking and palming. But, if they enforce those rules the game would never end. NBA hoops has just gotten ugly.

The traveling non-calls are ridiculous. Even more since the players have such a huge step!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    He'll forget Shaquille O'Neal, what would a young Allen Iverson or John Starks do? Those guys could play the perimeter and weren't afraid of going to the hole. But then again had they been brought up in the current system they probably play the same scrambling type of basketball that everybody else does

Considering the $$$$$$ that professional athletes in big leagues make, the pressure must be unbelievable. These kids today don't even root for home teams, they root for individual players, super teams, like rock stars.

They say that the NFL is a copycat league, but really all the sports leagues are. Golden State's bread and butter has been perimeter shooting and defense. Other teams would like to copy that. Or half of that.