Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Good game. Sorry Sixers. Wha wha wha. There's still a lot of ball to play. It ain't over.

GO RAPTORS!!

Says the match-up conscious Bucks fan.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Leonard is an effin robot

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    GO RAPTORS!!

Says the match-up conscious Bucks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Leonard is an effin robot
    The Sixers need Embiid to figure out his diet, or something. They're pretty damned good when he's not fighting the squirts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Celtics should be getting the squirts about now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

The Sixers need Embiid to figure out his diet, or something. They're pretty damned good when he's not fighting the squirts.
    I believe Embiid was playing with the fever on game 4. I still feel the Sixers will go through, despite the softness and naivete they're displaying defensively.

Congrats Bucks.....

Boston becomes the first team to win five games in a row and then lose four in the playoffs.

Congrats, Steve! Hope to see you in the conference finals (c'mon, Embiid! Stay away from Chipotle!)
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

How must Kyrie "I Wanna Be The Man" Irving feel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    How must Kyrie "I Wanna Be The Man" Irving feel now.
    I'm sure he'll find some way to blame everyone but himself. As far as I'm concerned, the guy is a poison who has destroyed the chemistry of the team while all year saying, "don't worry, come playoff time, I've got this." We'll he didn't have it, and I sincerely hope the Kyrie experiment in Boston is now over. His skills simply aren't enough to justify the crap he pulls and the impact it has on all the other players, and the coach.

I honestly don't blame Ainge for taking the shot he did. The Celtics weren't going to win it all with the lineup they had. They had to do something and Kyrie was too good to pass up, especially with the assets Ainge had (and still has) to play with. It didn't work out. So it goes. The key now is to move on and not let this drag out. Bringing Kyrie back would be a horrible mistake, not that he wants to be in Boston anyway.

Congratulations to the Bucks! Not the most talented group on the floor, but unlike the miserable, unlikeable Celtics, they played for each other and played as a team. In the end, I'm happy to see that win the day, even if it goes against my team in this particular case.

Bill

Boston becomes the first team to win five games in a row and then lose four in the playoffs.

Congrats, Steve! Hope to see you in the conference finals (c'mon, Embiid! Stay away from Chipotle!)
    Thanks Scott! My personal opinion is that the Bucks would take the Raptors in 6 or less, and if Embiid doesn't screw himself up (again!), I'd call a Sixers-Bucks series even and probably 7 games. Without Embiid healthy and playing like we know he's capable of, Giannis will have another field day.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

The Raptors will be an easier matchup for Bucks than the Sixers. The Bucks' defense is much more vulnerable to peripheral shooting than in the paint playing.

Game 7, baby!

Game 7, baby!
    go raptors! (now I'm intimidated into using small letters)

Well, chalk up another championship for the Warriors. I just don't see any remaining teams beating them. And they are as good without KD. I guess I'd like to see Golden State vs. Milwaukee in the Final.

Well, chalk up another championship for the Warriors. I just don't see any remaining teams beating them. And they are as good without KD. I guess I'd like to see Golden State vs. Milwaukee in the Final.
    Me too. I am sorry for the Rockets, but they were fighting for the impossible all along. And they fought well.

Congrats Portland.

Congrats Portland.
    You could say that Denver really won, since they don't have to be the sacrificial lamb.

But I WAS rooting for the Blazers.

What a game in Toronto!

Both teams both deserved to win and to lose.

Sorry, Scott. I bet it would have been just a little easier to endure if it was a pure shot rather than 3 bounces on the rim before it dropped.

gotta say I've never seen anything quite like that Kawhi shot - apparently there's never been a walk-off buzzer beater in Game 7 history and to have it be THAT shot...damn
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

anyway as a Bucks fan I'm pretty happy, I do think Raps are an easier matchup than Philly (who actually do have the personnel to give Milwaukee problems, as thin as they are on the bench). Kawhi is gonna have to go nuts.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Ugh.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    So the Pelicans get the first pick in the lottery. Does anybody know if the NBA is still keeping this franchise propped up.

Ooofff. I know it's still early but it looks like a Bucks/Warriors Finals. Should be a hell of a series.

Sheesh, doesn't seem fair. Warriors rest for a week before the Finals.