Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Are the Cavs playing basketball, or football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Kyreeeeee. .......

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Holy fuck.

Jeezusssssss

Curry has taken the Warriors out.

Wow. Congrats Lebron.

Hell of a game. Congrats Cleveland.

I friggin' knew it would be the first nail-biter in this series. I wasn't rooting for either team, but what the Cavs collectively & LeBron did singularly is beyond words. Tonight was one of the great moments in sports history given the odds.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

An amazing game-congrats and respect to Lebron and the Cavs from this Dubs fan.

Kyrie Irving is the greatest player in the history of the NBA.

Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

LeBron Brady leads the Cleveland Patriots to victory.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

What a great game, great end to the series and to the NBA season. Congrats to the Cavs, their fans and especially to the city of Cleveland. Enjoy that parade!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    What a great game, great end to the series and to the NBA season. Congrats to the Cavs, their fans and especially to the city of Cleveland. Enjoy that parade!
    They are definitely enjoying being hooligans in the street at this moment.

Congrats to any and all Cavs fans out there. An amazing turnaround from game 4 to the last 3 games. LBJ was HUGE all season and all the fans and the entire region of NE Ohio is well deserving of this win.

I'm happy for Lebron, the team, and the city. What a hell of a run. These two teams really have a rivalry going. Clearly the two best players in the league, and in different conferences really made this series remarkable. I really thought the Ws would find a way but Steph's missed 3s and turnovers killed them in the end. He is human after all.

Well, the NFL is not too far up the street. Now the dog days of sports begins. Not a baseball fan so I'll just patiently wait for football season.

This is kinda surreal. I feel light as a feather and can't stop smiling. I keep replaying the last minute of the game in my head, and also the post game. It feels as good as I hoped it would.

The game didn't unfold quite the way I expected, but the Cavaliers made the big plays when it counted, and the drought is now over.

I'm proud of the city for fanning the right way too, without the rioting, looting and burning that has broken out in other cities after they won a title. The whole city is euphoric, and a crowd is building at the airport, ready to greet the team when they land.

I'm tempted to take off work Wednesday to go to the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Do it! I've been to quite a few Lakers parades since the mid-80s and I loved the experience!

Moe - Gruno is right!

I went to the 1969 Mets parade, and there are indeed similarities in the frustration of 1969 Mets (7 years of pitiful baseball) & 2016 Cavs fans (50 plus years of....).

The parade was a cathartic moment for NYC (particularly the Yankee haters) and you don't want to miss history, do ya?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    This is kinda surreal. I feel light as a feather and can't stop smiling. I keep replaying the last minute of the game in my head, and also the post game. It feels as good as I hoped it would.

The game didn't unfold quite the way I expected, but the Cavaliers made the big plays when it counted, and the drought is now over.

I'm proud of the city for fanning the right way too, without the rioting, looting and burning that has broken out in other cities after they won a title. The whole city is euphoric, and a crowd is building at the airport, ready to greet the team when they land.

Enjoy and revel in it.

Love it that the Cavs diverted their flight to Vegas for several hours on the way home to Ohio.

Sixers to take Ben Simmons - LSU fwd with the first pick in the NBA Draft.

moecurlythanu, here are some pics I scanned very quickly to show just how fun the experience can be.

These pics were from the Lakers back-to-back-to-back championship parade of 2002. I was given free reign to take pics of the players, venue, and parade. Even if I wasn't granted that access, it would have been a fantastic time!

For this shot, I climbed the rafter/catwalk above Staples Center -- something very few are allowed to do. I also took pics of the crowd from atop the roof of the Staples Center.

Thanks, Gruno.

I've heard 2 different sources say that they are expecting 800,000 to 1 million people downtown for the parade and rally. That's a crazy number, I know, but Cleveland is a real sports town, and people will be coming in from all over the state. I have to wonder how likely it is that I could even get near enough to hear/see much of anything. Parking wouldn't be an option, so I'd have to park outside of town and take the rapid in. There's a lot to consider...

Yeah it's gotten pretty wild with the scene of it all. At any rate, enjoy it in person or on tv and take it all in!