Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Oofff. Cleveland has swept 2 teams. I'm rooting for the Eastern Conference not Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Oofff. Cleveland has swept 2 teams. I'm rooting for the Eastern Conference not Lebron.
    I'll be very surprised if Cleveland loses more than 1 game in the next series. The Eastern Conference didn't have much this year.

Sounds like you've been listening to the 'Tard, Vic. Don't let him make you bitter. It ain't worth it.

You mean Lebetard. I hate that guy. I don't get why he's so popular. He barely talks about sports.

I like Dan Le Batard's dad...
    The Prog Corner

I'll catch the Tard on the radio locally sometimes. Occasionally he'll actually talk about something interesting, or he'll do a good interview, but 80 percent of the show is just worthless fluff. At any given moment when you tune in it's all tomfoolery, frothing at the mouth, pure bullshit.

Eeeeeffffff. What a beat down. San Antonio showed up.

Oooofff. What a comeback.

Luckiest team in NBA history.

Kwai Leonard reinjured his ankle. That's the breaks. It's not luck.

Kwai Leonard reinjured his ankle. That's the breaks. It's not luck.
    The Cavaliers 2nd & 3rd best players went out the year they won their championship. The Clips haven't been healthy in the playoffs the last 2 years. Now Kawhi Leonard goes down. Do you honestly think the Warriors win today if he doesn't?

They're damn good, but they're lucky too.

Congrats on a great season to the Celtics. Haven't a chance in hell against the Cavs, but still should hold their heads up high.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

San Antonio looked fantastic in that first game against GSW. I think GSW will win the series, but it won't be another sweep.
    Looks like GSW has their chance to get even after last year's refereeing fiasco. That is assuming the refs won't give it away to the Cavs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    San Antonio looked fantastic in that first game against GSW. I think GSW will win the series, but it won't be another sweep.
    Looks like GSW has their chance to get even after last year's refereeing fiasco. That is assuming the refs won't give it away to the Cavs again.
    San Antonio looked fantastic with Kawhi Leonard on the floor. They win the game and have a realistic chance of winning the series if he doesn't get hurt, but they won't win a single game if he doesn't play or has to play hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Congrats on a great season to the Celtics. Haven't a chance in hell against the Cavs, but still should hold their heads up high.
    And don't forget the Celtics (via Brooklyn) have the best odds to get the first overall pick in today's draft lottery.

That comes after getting the third overall pick from Brooklyn last year. And they have Brooklyn's first round pick again next year too, so there's an excellent chance they could end up with three consectutive top-3 picks from the Kevin Garnett trade back in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    And don't forget the Celtics (via Brooklyn) have the best odds to get the first overall pick in today's draft lottery.

That comes after getting the third overall pick from Brooklyn last year. And they have Brooklyn's first round pick again next year too, so there's an excellent chance they could end up with three consectutive top-3 picks from the Kevin Garnett trade back in 2013.
    Celtics get the #1 pick.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

You mean Lebetard. I hate that guy. I don't get why he's so popular. He barely talks about sports.
    I don't get the appeal either. I work 2nd shift so am home in the mornings and often watch / listen to Dan Patrick's show. A couple of weeks ago they were on haitus for a week, so I checked out Lebetard. I agree the whole thing was pretty bad, almost like a parody. I don't get it either. Patrick's show blows his out of the water.

Haven't been able too see any games of the conference championships, but I check the scores every morning. Ok, Cavs/Warriors III coming up. Is this good for the league or is it ruining the league? I think it's compelling. All things come to an end. This era will end and a new super team will emerge.

Guess I'm rooting for the Cavs. Again, not because of Lebron, because the Cavs aren't giiven a prayer in this series. Would love this series to go 7.

Guess I'm rooting for the Cavs. Again, not because of Lebron, because the Cavs aren't giiven a prayer in this series. Would love this series to go 7.
    Warriors take it in 6.
    I'm sure there will be a lot of threes, which will make things somewhat boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Warriors take it in 6.
    I'm sure there will be a lot of threes, which will make things somewhat boring.
    I'm inclined to agree with that.

I'll still give the Cavs a puncher's chance to win the series, though. They have the best player in the league, a great scoring point guard who goes to the basket as well as anybody, and Love played really well in last year's final. If all three of them have a big series, then the Cavs *can* win it.

I don't feel confident about a prediction, as there are a number of different ways I could see this series going. So I'll go with Cavaliers in 6, without feeling all that sure about it. I do expect the Warriors to win big tonight.

On ESPN.com, 19 out of 23 writers picked Golden St, most in 5 games. This should be quite interesting.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 06-01-2017 at 09:32 PM. Reason: doh!

LeBron can't make 2 free throws in a row.

Well, the series is unwatchable. I get that there's no interest in this series, or the league. I'd like to know what the other two NBA fans think about the current state of this league. I wouldn't say the league has been ruined, but the regular season has become irrelevant.

The NBA isn't much about team play anymore; It's about solo performers working to retain their endorsements. So many times we see teams inbound the ball and one guy goes beyond mid-court and chucks an attempt at a 3-pointer. Boring stuff. Or, we get one guy scurrying the length of the court while never looking to pass to another player. Although it will not happen, get rid of the 3-pointer and get back to team play and strategy!

I used to love watching the NBA and now I stick to the playoffs. Unfortunately, this year has been so lopsided with teams dominating a series. There was finally a decent game the other night, but in the end this series is dominated by Golden State. Although, it is nice to see LeBron with his head down and agitated.