Thread: M!ndgames - "Paradox Of Choice" new album November 2015

M!ndgames - "Paradox Of Choice" new album November 2015

http://www.mindgames.be/

cover_56511311102015_r.jpg

M!ndgames is proud to announce their 4th album Paradox of Choice, which will be released in November this year. This album is not available in any shop... yet! But pre-orders are possible.

Pre-order at 15,00 EUR, no shipping costs (until Nov 1st). Signed copies are available too (seal will be removed). Contact us for more information.

I've pre-ordered. I really like these guys, and their previous three discs get a pretty regular airing around these parts.

I know there are some other fans here, thought I'd give you the heads up on the free shipping (until Oct. 31st)!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I like Mindgames a lot. I have the first 3 releases. I'm still hoping that they will get invited to a US festival - specifically RosFest.

This arrived a few days ago and it is excellent, right up there with their other albums IMO. Recommended if you like these guys!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Looking forward to this one. The last one, MMX, is excellent.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How do you guys like Actors in a Play?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Definitely, their best effort so far.

Meanwhile I was rather disappointed with some samples from the brand new Mindgames album. But I'm going to listen to the whole CD in coming weekend...

My favourite of theirs. But I like all four albums, been spinning the new one quite a bit this week!

I went and bought downloads of all four (the new one is a preorder) and I like them so much I'm thinking I should get the CDs. Backwards, I know. How are the CDs, packaging-wise?

I went and bought downloads of all four (the new one is a preorder) and I like them so much I'm thinking I should get the CDs. Backwards, I know. How are the CDs, packaging-wise?
    International Daylight and Actors In A Play are jewel cases with standard booklets. MMX and Paradox Of Choice are digipacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    International Daylight and Actors In A Play are jewel cases with standard booklets. MMX and Paradox Of Choice are digipacks.
    Do the digipacks have much in the way of liner notes, etc? Or just the usual lyrics and credits? Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Do the digipacks have much in the way of liner notes, etc? Or just the usual lyrics and credits? Not that there's anything wrong with it...
    No, neither of them have booklets at all, just some credits inside. No lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    No, neither of them have booklets at all, just some credits inside. No lyrics.
    I guess I'm good with the downloads then. Great music. The accent on the vocals COULD detract, however his voice is actually pretty good, and I like the sort of almost harmony vocals they seem to use too - not exactly sure what that's called but it sounds good.

I don't know what happened here, but the vocalist, Bart Schram, has pulled a Hammill. Schram, who was really good on the previous albums, is so off key for most of this album that the songs are virtually unlistenable. The music is, as always, very good.