Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jane Getter- Next Fusion God? Could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Getter while she's hot!
    Great mimes wink alike. I was going to suggest her final album will be titled "Getter Done".
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

And Nori still has- this is from a recent tribute to Gamalon.

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    personally, I think Nili Brosh is one of the better ones to emerge in recent years. while she may not be a fusion goddess, her chops aren't sloppy by any means. IMO, Through The Looking Glass is one of the best instrumental releases I've heard in the last few years. Through The Looking Glass, Placebo, Typsy Gypsy, High Strung, Wafer....she played with Tony MacAlpine for awhile. (anyone know what the latest news is on Tony concerning the cancer he had removed last year?)
    Nili Brosh just released a new album called Spectrum. Although the single Primal Feels suggests this is a fine shredding CD, there're much more musical styles she shows in the other tracks:

Lari Basilio is a great musician, she has been getting more exposure for her Youtube features, here is a nice tune, with Colaiuta, Nathan East, Greg Phillinganes.

I do agree that it seems almost fetishist to think a woman can be a stand out guitarist, when they can just play. This stigma doesn't seem to exist with keyboards, bass, and drumming, sax, or whatever. Women rock.

Jane Getter Premonition was one of the highlights of the Progstock weekend for me. Her solos were competent, but it was the band as a whole that impressed me, especially Adam Holzman, and Alex Skolnick (who I think got as many solos as Jane Getter).The whole show is on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WZ&app=desktop
    Last edited by Wah3; 01-27-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    And Nori still has- this is from a recent tribute to Gamalon.

I was at this show, have complete audio and video...it was an amazing evening!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature