Thread: Saw Three Friends in Montreal Saturday night

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Saw Three Friends in Montreal Saturday night

...and if anything, the band was even better than when we last saw them at FMPM a few years back, despite Kerry's absence (although we were told Kerry was in the house Saturday night!). I attribute this in no small measure to the new frontman Ian H. having no musical chores, unlike Mick, so he was free to dance around the stage all night, lending even more energy to what is already a high-energy unit. Great voice too! The keyboardist was a frenetic and phenomenal player (but I forget his name...) The woman on sax, flute etc. was delightful. Great big appreciative crowd in a beautifully renovated theater (L'Olympia) with pristine sound. Several goosebump moments of musical grandeur. Crowd also loved Les Moulettes' opening (one hour set) during which they played "Funny Ways".
    A fantastic evening with a stellar group of top-notch musicians playing some of my favorite music...can't wait to return to Montreal in November for PFM!

Sounds excellent! Does Kerry live around there?

Suspended
    Did they recognise you?

(Sorry)

I had tix but in the end I couldn't do the travel. Glad to finally see a report on at least one of the shows. Neil Angilley on keys, Charlotte Glasson on sax, flute, violin. Kerry does not live in Canada. It's a good thing to hear that music coming off a stage from Green, Mortimore and Friends.
    I remember tomorrow

I didn't think Kerry lived there- so he just showed up to see the band? That's pretty cool.