Thread: Turtle Records-Pioneering British Jazz 1970-71-3 cd set -first official release

Turtle Records-Pioneering British Jazz 1970-71-3 cd set -first official release

Fans of the forward looking segment of British jazz in the early 70's should be happy about this release.Three studio sessions by Mike Osborne,Howard Riley and John Taylor,respectively, have been combined in this box on RPM records and released officially for the first time.CD 1 is Mike Osborne-Outback, with Osborne on alto sax,Harry Beckett-trumpet-Chris McGregor-piano,Harry Miller-bass, Louis Moholo-drums.CD2 is Howard Riley-Flight,with Riley -piano,Barry Guy-bass and Tony Oxley-drums.CD 3 is John Taylor-Pause And Think Again, with Taylor-piano,John Surman and Stan Sulzmann on reeds, Kenny Wheeler-trumpet/flugelhorn,Chris Pyne-trombone, Chris Laurence-bass,Tony Levin-drums,and Norma Winstone-voice on one track.

Copious booklet notes and interviews,remastering from the original tapes(so we're told),who could ask for more.

I'm hoping Wayside will stock this.
    Last edited by walt; 09-30-2015 at 06:41 AM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Wayside got their copies in late yesterday. I'm busy with shipping today, but I still hope I can get this into the shop today or tomorrow.

and the booklet is HUGE and informative!

thanks for the shout out.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Wayside got their copies in late yesterday. I'm busy with shipping today, but I still hope I can get this into the shop today or tomorrow.
    Excellent.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    and the booklet is HUGE and informative!

Sounds like a no-brainer to me!!

It's about time the Vocalion label had a bit of competition to reissue Swinging London's jazz scene of the 60's & 70's...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Nice!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Bump...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Here's the allaboutjazzreview: http://www.allaboutjazz.com/turtle-r...ger-farbey.php

B.t.w. Cherry Red has it too.