Thread: RIO Festival 2015

RIO Festival 2015

In case I missed it somewhere - was this recorded? It would seem like a shame to have so many amazing bands play and not have a document of it - at least audio. I saw the Mats/Morgan footage on FB today and it floored me so much! Morgan just destroyed it!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I've seen a bunch of clips going up on facebook from various attendees and a bunch of bands.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

What exactly are they in opposition of?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Rock in Opposition or RIO was a movement representing a collective of progressive bands in the late 1970s united in their opposition to the music industry that refused to recognise their music. It was initiated by English avant-rock group Henry Cow in March 1978 when they invited four mainland European groups to come to London and perform in a festival called "Rock in Opposition".
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Someone post something from the Zoyd reunion...
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

To answer the original question of this thread, every concert has been recorded by radio radio ( associative radio in Toulouse feat Vraiment Autre Chose radio show ) , the recordings will be sent to the bands who will decide if we can broadcast it or not
    A special week end will happen in January with long hours of fantastic music , listening SC3 concert now , sounds great !!!

5 concerts of RIO 14 will be podcastable soon on our radio web page

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Rock in Opposition or RIO was a movement...
    Gotta hand it to 'ya, Ian - your stamina is to live or die for!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Van Manu View Post
    To answer the original question of this thread, every concert has been recorded by radio radio ( associative radio in Toulouse feat Vraiment Autre Chose radio show ) , the recordings will be sent to the bands who will decide if we can broadcast it or not
    A special week end will happen in January with long hours of fantastic music , listening SC3 concert now , sounds great !!!

Oh nice! Thank you for the response.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    What exactly are they in opposition of?
    Probably Bill Cosby and plastic forks.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Manu View Post

Please post your web page if it's not against the rules