Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Downes Braide Association aka DBA: new release Suburban Ghosts out November 6th

Downes Braide Association aka DBA: new release Suburban Ghosts out November 6th

Sophomore release from Geoff Downes (Buggles, Yes, Asia) and Chris Braide (The Producers, This Oceanic Feeling) out November 6th. I really enjoyed the debut, so looking forward to this. Not sure when camples will be available.

Here's a link to pre-order from Amazon.uk

Still waiting to find out if there will be an American release.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Still waiting to find out if there will be an American release.
    According to Geoff, it will only be available via import.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Was the debut available as an American release?

I honestly don't remember.

don't think the debut is available aside from import either, though the record store day single was surprisingly available at some stores around here.

I don't believe this ever saw a domestic release...if memory serves, the original intent was only to put out a vinyl record. The CD pressing came later.

I enjoyed the first DBA quite a bit, and will happily drop import coin for this one.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I enjoyed the first DBA quite a bit, and will happily drop import coin for this one.
    I'm definitely buying. I just wish I could avoid the import fees.

Go with Burning Shed...especially if they have 1-2 items that you're wanting, shipping won't be intolerably high (and honestly, they ship as fast or faster than some domestic shops).
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Cool. Thanks, John!

I quite liked the debut as well. I think the vinyl pressing was a limited numbered copy too.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

It's available on Amazon US now:

http://amzn.com/B015OPMBCA

Awesome! Thanks, Pixel!

Thanks for posting. I'm looking forwards to this!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm definitely buying. I just wish I could avoid the import fees.
    What import fees? If you're in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What import fees? If you're in the US?
    When I wrote that, it was only available as an import.

30-second camples of the mp3s at the U.S. Amazon site now up.

Saw the lyric video for "Machinery of Fate" (sorry, don't know how to post a link). If you like the debut, you'll probably like this tune.

Quote Originally Posted by dregsfan View Post
    Saw the lyric video for "Machinery of Fate" (sorry, don't know how to post a link). If you like the debut, you'll probably like this tune.
    Here it is:

This looks to be pretty secure as my favorite album of the year. I have heard a lot of new albums this year and I can safely say that I haven't.enjoyed any of them as much as this. The first DBA album was quite good but this takes things to a different level. It's definitely the best album to bear Geoff Downes' name in quite some time and kudos to he and Chris Braide for a job very well done. This album has been in my CD player pretty consistently since the day I received it.
    Last edited by Patelena396; 11-19-2015 at 02:57 PM.

I've enjoyed it lots since it arrived as well. Great 80's style synth pop music.

I've enjoyed it lots since it arrived as well. Great 80's style synth pop music.
    I hear that for sure, but I do find it progressive to an extent as well as conceptual, with its reoccurring themes, diverse arrangements etc. Definitely a very enjoyable album.
    Last edited by Patelena396; 11-19-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Old man of prog
    It's on Tidal if you subscribe. Tidal streams in full CD quality 44.1 FLAC and you can download it for offline listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Patelena396 View Post
    I hear that for sure, but I do find it progressive to an extent as well as conceptual, with its reoccurring themes, diverse arrangements etc. Definitely a very enjoyable album.
    Sure, there's conceptual elements and a sense of "program music" running throughout. And my calling it "great 80's synth pop" wasn't at all meant as a slam...both the DBA albums have been lovely treats and get lots of rotation at Chez Batts.

I hesitate to call it prog because no one is going to confuse it for Close to the Edge, or Mekanick Destructiv Kommandoh, Western Culture, or Misplaced Childhood. It's more like art pop, with a conceptual theme.

Whatever we call it, it's really enjoyable stuff. I'm super happy to have new music from these guys, and hope to hear even more in the future.

I hesitate to call it prog because no one is going to confuse it for Close to the Edge, or Mekanick Destructiv Kommandoh, Western Culture, or Misplaced Childhood. It's more like art pop, with a conceptual theme.

Whatever we call it, it's really enjoyable stuff. I'm super happy to have new music from these guys, and hope to hear even more in the future.
    I'm happy enough to have it along-side with my Buggles and Producers CDs.