Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Downes Braide Association aka DBA: new release Suburban Ghosts out November 6th

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    How would this compare to Downes' "The Light Program?"
    The Downes sound is all over it but I wouldn't compare it to 'The Light Program' so much. This album is definitely more pop oriented with vocal and chorus driven song structures. It is very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    How would this compare to Downes' "The Light Program?"
    I would say some similarities in sound and melodic style, but DBA feels more polished and has vocals. Overall, I prefer both DBA albums to The Light Programme.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

"The light program" was indeed very light. So light that I got rid of the CD. :-)

The new DBA is good. I hope the association will continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Patelena396 View Post
    The Downes sound is all over it but I wouldn't compare it to 'The Light Program' so much. This album is definitely more pop oriented with vocal and chorus driven song structures. It is very good though.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Let us know when the interview comes out!

I'd've asked him if he's stalking Trevor Horn. First he works with him in The Producers, then he works with Geoff, then he works with Marc Almond, who did an album with Horn...

Henry
    Henry, below is a link to my interview with Chris Braide. He is a very gracious and friendly interviewee and hopefully you and other PE members enjoy the interview.......

http://www.dprp.net/wp/interviews/?page_id=5459

Great interview. A very enjoyable read. Chris Braide seems like a cool, down-to-earth guy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Great interview. A very enjoyable read. Chris Braide seems like a cool, down-to-earth guy.
    Thanks! Chris was very friendly and easy to talk to. It was a pleasure Interviewing him.

Okay. I am going to quote myself from earlier in the thread here because I am awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by arj View Post
    Suburban Ghosts Part III (Lost in Suburbia) has a definite Prefab Sprout vibe to it. They must have been shooting for Paddy Macaloon - the upper octave on the melody, certain vocal effects/textures, some phrasing choices and the general feel and musical design. Not top shelf Prefab (which is nearly untouchable imho) but enjoyable nonetheless.
    Just read the interview with Chris Braide (thankyou Patrick) and found this quote...
    "….people like Paddy McAloon from Prefab Sprout who I adore, I think he is incredible..."

Go with me on this. I don't feel awesome that often.

Quote Originally Posted by arj View Post
    Okay. I am going to quote myself from earlier in the thread here because I am awesome.

Just read the interview with Chris Braide (thankyou Patrick) and found this quote...
    "….people like Paddy McAloon from Prefab Sprout who I adore, I think he is incredible..."

Go with me on this. I don't feel awesome that often.
    I did catch that so kudos to you. Yes, he seems to be quite the fan of Paddy McAloon. After Chris mentioned that, it inspired me to look into Paddy's work which I am still delving into.

Cheers! I hope you enjoy Prefab Sprout. Not only is it generally great songwriting but also an awesome rhythm section (Neil Conti 'in the pocket' on the drums) and Paddy has a unique voice.