Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516

Thread: Gong - Radio Gnome Trilogy Remastered

Quote Originally Posted by nsmith1002 View Post
    I too intend to use PayPal but I've always been under that assumption that one should never hit the back button when ordering online. I replied to the confirmation email to let them know that I neglected to indicate PayPal but have not received a reply. I just hope they are not expecting me to send them an actual money order!

Perhaps I should try to email Johnny as mentioned in other posts but I don't have his email address.
    If anyone could help I'd much appreciate it!

I see now that Burning Shed now has this up for pre-order and they are my usual source for things like this but I thought I would give the Gong organization my full support.
    bazaar@planetgong.co.uk

I received a prompt and reassuring reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazcrim View Post
    Looks like the whole Gong Trilogy is being remastered as per the Camembert Electrique reissue of last year. Flying Teapot at last properly issued on CD? Surely that is something to be excited about!

http://hifipig.com/gongs-radio-gnome...vip-treatment/
    So this is useless now?
    (Steve Hillage also said nobody was involved with those masters and package)

Cause yesterday I saw this in a record shop and I was tempted to buy it. Fortunately reading here now helped me to understand that I did good to pass. I'll wait for the big proper box!

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    bazaar@planetgong.co.uk

I received a prompt and reassuring reply.
    Thanks much for that.

But that address is what I used and have not gotten a reply yet.

I'm thinking that they are perhaps overwhelmed with a lot of orders.

I'll resend and see what happens.
    Last edited by nsmith1002; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:28 AM.

I pre-ordered yesterday and didn't get any confirmation so I just e mailed Jonny and he got back to me within five minutes to say that he has my order and will get back to me soon. That's what I call good customer service

I sent another email this morning before I left for work and just now got back home to find a reply from Jonny, so I'm all set now!

Great Docu on Here & Now (Planet Gong) running now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsg8...es&app=desktop
    Last edited by TheH; 1 Week Ago at 02:37 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Has anyone who ordered with PayPal got a PayPal invoice yet? Or whatever they send.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Great Docu on Here & Now (Planet Gong) running now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsg8...es&app=desktop
    That brought back a lot of memories of some great gigs. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    I just attempted this but didn't complete as for some reason they wanted to add almost 20 in sales tax to the order....that's a lot for a poster......🤨
    Unusually for us North Americans, in Europe prices usually include VAT (taxes), and sites like Amazon UK/UK/FR/DE and (thankfully) even indie sites like Burning Shed remove the tax if you're ordering outside the UK.

But this is the second box I've bought in the past year (the Family BBC box was the other, if I remember correctly) from the UK where the VAT was not included in the list price, so I've had to pay full sticker price...but that then means you UK-based folks get charged extra for the VAT....or, if living in the EU and ordering from an EU country, same deal.

Which means you're not paying 20 for the poster...but it is a bleedin' confusing thing to do the exact opposite of that with which most experienced online shoppers are familiar.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has anyone who ordered with PayPal got a PayPal invoice yet? Or whatever they send.
    Not yet, no.....

[QUOTE=lovecraft;921320]Not yet, no.....[/QUOTE

But release date is not till end of Sept right? Will it come a little earlier from Planet Gong?]

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    The GAS website has adjusted its pricing and now you can buy the box set plus the poster for a fraction under 94 after tax has been added on (that's if you are receiving it in the UK - I don't know what postage costs elsewhere). That looks like a good deal as Amazon have it up for 96 without the poster. There is a small sample of two tracks there, too. They sound damn fine. Incidentally, there is another thread on this that has just been started.
    Amazon is 117 today so definitely worth ordering from GAS even if price is main concern.