Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Second Chance - Season 31

Survivor Second Chance - Season 31

Well hello fellow Survivor fans. Nice to see you again! I hope that everyone had a nice summer. Season 31 begins on Wednesday, September 23rd. This is the official thread.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Let's do this!

WOMEN
    Kelly Wiglesworth (Season 1, Survivor: Borneo)
    Kimmi Kappenberg (Season 2, Survivor: The Australian Outback)
    Peih-Gee Law (Season 15, Survivor: China)
    Monica Padilla (Season 19, Survivor: Samoa)
    Abi-Maria Gomes (Season 25, Survivor: Philippines)
    Ciera Eastin (Season 27, Survivor: Blood vs. Water)
    Tasha Fox (Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan)
    Kass McQuillen (Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan)
    Kelley Wentworth (Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur)
    Shirin Oskooi (Season 30, Survivor: Worlds Apart)

MEN
    Jeff Varner (Season 2, Survivor: The Australian Outback)
    Andrew Savage (Season 7, Survivor: Pearl Islands)
    Terry Deitz (Season 12, Survivor: Panama)
    Stephen Fishbach (Season 18, Survivor: Tocantins)
    Vytas Baskauskas (Season 27, Survivor: Blood vs. Water)
    Woo Hwang (Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan)
    Spencer Bledsoe (Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan)
    Keith Nale (Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur)
    Jeremy Collins (Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur)
    Joe Anglim (Season 30, Survivor: Worlds Apart)

I was really hoping to see Elisabeth Hasselbeck back on the show in the hope that she would get mauled by a lion.

I think I recognize about 5 of those contestants...

Sent Via Progressive Ears's Mobile App
    Regards,

Duncan

So many good players. Probably be rooting for Vytas. I will be fine with the winner as long as it's not Abi-Maria.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

I'm curious to see how Kelly Wiglesworth plays. She was on the first season, before Survivor strategy became a formula. In that season, Richard Hatch was the only one to really think about strategy, everyone else just survived day-to-day and nobody knew what was coming. Now, the game is pretty much text-book game play. She just a kid the first time around and I seem to recall that shortly after the show ended she got into some trouble with the law too. It'll be interesting to see how she plays now when there is real strategy and formula involved.

I guess the same applies, in a slightly lessor fashion, to Kimmi Kappenberg and Jeff Varner too. Wasn't Kimmi a vegetarian? I seem to recall a food challenge where the contestants had spin a wheel and food they landed on was put in a blender. She got excited because she was given worms to eat, and she could eat worms and still be considered a vegetarian for some reason that I don't understand. I may be confusing her with someone else.

This season will also be interesting to watch (I think and I hope) because most of these players are older than the usual first-time player. It's not a field of twenty-somethings this season.

I really hope I'm not disappointed.

EDIT: I was right about Kimmi...

Quote Originally Posted by survivor wiki
    For the second Immunity Challenge, the survivors had to eat a variety of disgusting dishes. Kimmi was a vegetarian, and wasn't willing to sacrifice her morals by eating any animal. During the challenge she had to eat a cow brain, but refused. A tiebreaker came down between Kimmi and the rival tribe's Tina Wesson, where they have to eat a mangrove worm (much to Kimmi's delight, for she could chow down the specimen). Kimmi was able to eat the dish faster than Tina, winning Kucha immunity.
    I am a former vegetarian and still maintain a plant-based diet 90% of the time. I don't understand the worm logic. When I was full vegetarian, I would not have eaten the worm. (I still wouldn't, but only because worms are icky not because they were alive)
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 09-21-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    This season will also be interesting to watch (I think and I hope) because most of these players are older than the usual first-time player. It's not a field of twenty-somethings this season.
    I quite agree!

I wish there could be a BB with only (say) 40 to 60 year olds. That would be far more interesting than the deecht we're seeing now.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm curious to see how Kelly Wiglesworth plays. She was on the first season, before Survivor strategy became a formula. In that season, Richard Hatch was the only one to really think about strategy, everyone else just survived day-to-day and nobody knew what was coming. Now, the game is pretty much text-book game play. She just a kid the first time around and I seem to recall that shortly after the show ended she got into some trouble with the law too. It'll be interesting to see how she plays now when there is real strategy and formula involved.
    Yeah. There was a doctor on that 1st season, forget his name, who's strategy was just to vote people off alphabetically!

Hope this season is at least entertaining.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm in.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    I just whetted the appetite with the first 9 minutes of the premiere on Dalton's page.

This really looks like it could be their best season in years! I am stoked.

I am also fairly excited about the new idol twist. I believe there will now be idols hidden at the challenges, which will open all sorts of interesting possibilities. As long as they still hide idols around camp, this should insure all hell breaking loose! I'm guessing the idols will be hidden but will have to be unveiled in full view of the rest of the teams. Always loads of fun when everyone knows who has an idol, but that is multiplied by any unknown idols floating around.

Always so interesting to see all these tribe members claiming they have learned and will play different this time! Some will, but most can't help themselves...
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

My husband just told me that I'm a little too excited about Survivor starting tonight. LOL! All I did was remind him that it starts in 12 minutes!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I actually remember a fair number, at least more than I thought I would.

Looking forward to it.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Spencer is a good contestant, Abi still has a bad attitude. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Spencer is a good contestant, Abi still has a bad attitude. Should be fun.
    I friggin' HATE Abi. Hated her the last time she was on, and nothing has changed. "Oh, Peih Gee, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt". Fuck off Abi. Your bracelet is ugly. I'm sure that Peih Gee has much better taste.

She should have been voted out first.

This SPECIAL 90-minute season premiere of Survivor…

I downloaded the episode to watch it without commercials. Total running time is 44minutes. Not much different than a normal episode. As a comparison, the 90-minute Big Brother finale contained 60 total minutes of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    This SPECIAL 90-minute season premiere of Survivor…

I downloaded the episode to watch it without commercials. Total running time is 44minutes. Not much different than a normal episode. As a comparison, the 90-minute Big Brother finale contained 60 total minutes of content.
    I started watching BB from the PVR at 10:00. I skipped the rundown of the season, the commercials, and Julie's intro and outro, paused it a couple of times, and was still finished watching at 11:03.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Good start.

I liked sending the losers right off to tribal after the challenge-but at the same time thought it was silly that by the time they got there, the sun was long already set, and it was totally dark. So we are supposed to believe in all that time, the tribe had no chance at all to discuss their votes?

Vytas was truly clueless how annoying he could be standing there in his stupid underwear doing yoga, while at the same time claiming he learned from his mistakes last time. Almost as believable as that witch Abi changing her stripes. Speaking of, the only reason I can think of that explains her return is people just want to see a a witch stir up a pot of shi*...

The idol hidden at the challenge was a little less interesting then I thought it would be, but still well done by that girl. Seems strange that no one else knew about this new twist pre-arrival, I guess they are subject to blackout news pre show?
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I would have liked to have seen Abi go first, but Vytas really was clueless..."I guess they saw me as a big threat"--no, dude, they just found you smarmy and annoying. Get some new shorts.

I actually like Vytas last time around. What a tool though this season Good riddance. I hope Abi sticks around a while just to cause complete chaos. Makes for fun watching in the Klonk household.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    ... Vytas really was clueless..."I guess they saw me as a big threat"--no, dude, they just found you smarmy and annoying. Get some new shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I liked sending the losers right off to tribal after the challenge-but at the same time thought it was silly that by the time they got there, the sun was long already set, and it was totally dark. So we are supposed to believe in all that time, the tribe had no chance at all to discuss their votes?
    I went back to that part and checked. Looks like the sun isn't too high up when the challenge ends. Keep in mind that, prior to tribal council, they separate everyone and do individual interviews. During Spencer's interview it was raining and getting darker.

Abi would be good to take to the end, actually.....right?

I wouldn't reward someone like that with 2nd place.

Nope. 'Cause she'd be dead and I'd be in prison.