Thread: Summer's End festival 2015 coming soon

Orcopian

Summer's End festival 2015 coming soon

anyone going? what do you think of the line-up? Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Haven't seen too much mention of the festival yet on PE. Amazingly the Sunday night is now sold out, so that's a really positive story for prog in the U.K. and especially for the organisers.

I think the festival has been going long enough now for people to have great faith in the taste and choices of Stephen and Huw. For me personally there is a lot to look forward to, aside from one of my all time favourite bands Pallas, there is the chance to see 3 bands I have been a fan of for years- Discipline, mystery and magic pie. abel ganz I have seen a few times but not in the form of the new line up that will hopefully perform a lot of what was one of the top releases last year. Then there are some bands ive not seen or heard a great deal of but what I have heard on sounds good- 3rd degree, Introitus and light damage. Then there are 2 great live bands I've seen before - credo and the fierce and the dead (who will really kick things off on Saturday and win a lot of friends). Simon Godfrey will go down a storm I'm sure he will have lots of friends there. celestial fire will be the interesting one, I've just got the cd and I think it's one you need to give a few listens too to appreciate, by the time of the gig I will be more familiar with it. Based on first listen there is some great playing and dynamics.

Last year the band that had the biggest impact for me were frequency drift so I wonder who will be the surprise package? I'm really looking forward to mystery, if they play like their live cd it will be very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    anyone going? what do you think of the line-up? Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Haven't seen too much mention of the festival yet on PE. Amazingly the Sunday night is now sold out, so that's a really positive story for prog in the U.K. and especially for the organisers.

I think the festival has been going long enough now for people to have great faith in the taste and choices of Stephen and Huw. For me personally there is a lot to look forward to, aside from one of my all time favourite bands Pallas, there is the chance to see 3 bands I have been a fan of for years- Discipline, mystery and magic pie. abel ganz I have seen a few times but not in the form of the new line up that will hopefully perform a lot of what was one of the top releases last year. Then there are some bands ive not seen or heard a great deal of but what I have heard on sounds good- 3rd degree, Introitus and light damage. Then there are 2 great live bands I've seen before - credo and the fierce and the dead (who will really kick things off on Saturday and win a lot of friends). Simon Godfrey will go down a storm I'm sure he will have lots of friends there. celestial fire will be the interesting one, I've just got the cd and I think it's one you need to give a few listens too to appreciate, by the time of the gig I will be more familiar with it. Based on first listen there is some great playing and dynamics.

Last year the band that had the biggest impact for me were frequency drift so I wonder who will be the surprise package? I'm really looking forward to mystery, if they play like their live cd it will be very special.
    I'm looking forward to it.

Orcopian
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stevens View Post
    I'm looking forward to it.
    Glad it's not just me then�� looking foward to seeing you Matt

Not too long now. I'm sure it'll be fun.

I'm a bit worried about getting there as there is a big Rugby match in Cardiff on Friday evening.

Orcopian
    Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    Not too long now. I'm sure it'll be fun.

I'm a bit worried about getting there as there is a big Rugby match in Cardiff on Friday evening.
    Yes it will be very busy, the train network has been overloaded but I've not heard about problems with traffic, so it would make sense to allow plenty of time to get there. Friday's are busy on the motorway at the best of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    Yes it will be very busy, the train network has been overloaded but I've not heard about problems with traffic, so it would make sense to allow plenty of time to get there. Friday's are busy on the motorway at the best of times.
    Review of the Summers End Prog Festival http://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog...festival-2015/

A lovely weekend as usual, great music in a friendly environment

Quote Originally Posted by Jezmond View Post
    A lovely weekend as usual, great music in a friendly environment
    And sold out - truly remarkable for a prog festival in the current climate

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stevens View Post
    And sold out - truly remarkable for a prog festival in the current climate
    Always great to see that.