Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Roger Dean got his butt spanked

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    A. Scherze is James Cameron's stage name.
    But, with a larger font size.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    It's really a great old story. Disneys Pocahontas was a box office smash too! it will be interesting when they use it with wooly mammoths and squirrels one day. I'm just kidding because it seems like every story has been told... Even on TV the same basic storylines are being repeated over and over again with different characters and time frames. You can see that writers are grasping for straws and now going to taboo places for new material... Case in point is the sacrifice of a 10 year old girl while dad watches on game of thrones. Have we gone too far?
    The Seven Basic Plots
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If that's the requirement before criticizing, then everyone in PE should have been required to write and record a work in the order of TLLDOB or Tarkus or whatnot before criticizing any music on PE.
    I was merely highlighting the absurdity of tdotdo's point.

--

Also, when it comes to plots, there just are that many. It really comes down to how they are told - structure, imagery, etc.

Nothing is truly unique. There are always elements from previous works. And, I would also submit that most people reject really new material, which leads to failure in the area of big budget films.

"Avatar" cost $300 million to produce. Anyone who thinks a studio should spend that amount on a movie that only a handful of people would watch is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Thats quite interesting, thanks Ronmac. I guess the writers prize then would be to come up with a new original plot rather than just another story. Avatar is a great movie, like so many other great movies.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    But, with a larger font size.
    Isn't it interesting that we are discussing uniqueness versus sameness and everyone except me uses the same font at the same size?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    Isn't it interesting that we are discussing uniqueness versus sameness and everyone except me uses the same font at the same size?
    Hahah... You sir are truly unique, like the last marshmallow in a bowlful of lucky charms.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Fan-crush? Man-crush? Both?
    Actually, I have only seen "Avatar" once (on a DVD). I enjoyed it but it wouldn't even make my Top 30 of sci-fi movies.
    I went to see "Alien" because of Giger, but never saw "Aliens". I didn't really care for "The Abyss". And, "Titanic" was extremely over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Hahah... You sir are truly unique, like the last marshmallow in a bowlful of lucky charms.
    I'm not saying that I am unique, but even ronmac's complaint about my font size has been posted many, many times before.

And, I'll say this again: if you don't like it, get the admins to disable fonts, sizes, and colors.

I'm not saying that I am unique, but even ronmac's complaint about my font size has been posted many, many times before.

And, I'll say this again: if you don't like it, get the admins to disable fonts, sizes, and colors.

I was only kidding, use whatever fonts you like. You made good points.
    Still alive and well...

Oh, lighten up, bro. Uniqueness comes from within. You don't go out of your way to be unique.