Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steven Wilson Current European tour 2015 ***SPOILERS***

The new song is really good...easily digestible on first listen I thought. Probably closest to Home Invasion/Regret #9...especially as there is another synth/guitar solo section. Ninet did a great job, despite blanking the lyrics a few times - but that must have been a pretty daunting experience! It was a shame though that she didn't reappear to sing on Ancestral.

FB photos right now have Gavin, Guthrie, and Theo in them...

^^^Yeah, just saw them, god damned shame this wasn't filmed or recorded!!!!!

No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun
    Shesmovedon
    (Porcupine Tree song)
    Routine
    (with Ninet Tayeb)
    Open Car
    (Porcupine Tree song)
    Don't Hate Me
    (Porcupine Tree song)
    Home Invasion
    (with Guthrie Govan)
    Regret #9
    (with Guthrie Govan)
    Drive Home
    (with Guthrie Govan) (& Theo Travis)
    Sectarian
    (with Theo Travis)
    Insurgentes
    (with Theo Travis)
    No Part of Me
    (with Theo Travis) (1st time live since 05.10.2013.)
    Raider II
    (with Theo Travis) (Abridged. 1st time live since 30.11.2013.)

Encore:
    Dark Matter
    (Porcupine Tree song)

Encore 2:
    Lazarus
    (Porcupine Tree song) (with Gavin Harrison)
    The Sound of Muzak
    (Porcupine Tree song) (with Gavin Harrison)

Regret #10 here for missing this one. Too many costly gigs this month with KC and Gilmour, but I'm sad to have not been there for this.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    ^^^Yeah, just saw them, god damned shame this wasn't filmed or recorded!!!!!
    I thought they were ... ?

I heard they didn't because RAH requires royalty payments? One of the videos he put up looked to me like they had camera equipment being set up. But posts from folks there said there didn't appear to be any film equipment...

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I heard they didn't because RAH requires royalty payments? One of the videos he put up looked to me like they had camera equipment being set up. But posts from folks there said there didn't appear to be any film equipment...
    I seem to remember he announced it would be filmed earlier on in the year.

I hope it was!!

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    I guess this means the new line-up (with Dave K and Craig B) is now the "regular" line-up and Guthrie G and Marco M are out of the picture ?
    Given that Guthrie and Gavin turned up for the second night at the RAH I wonder. Did the current guitarist and drummer literally have to sit out much of the second half of a concert? If so, you'd have to assume that SW is thinking in terms of a studio band (or two studio bands:PT and his solo band) and a touring band. Certainly we've seen a lot of turnover in that touring band in only a few years.

I'm pretty sure Gavin H turned up as acknowledgement of their shared past in PT rather than with any intention for Gavin to become SW's regular drummer in the future. I wouldn't be against the idea. I didn't like Gavin's playing with PT, it sounded clinical to my taste, but I loved him with King Crimson on the recent tour and he actually seems to me better suited for Wilson's solo work than with PT.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

I was there both nights. They weren't filming.

If they weren't filming, perhaps a special live album could be available at some point? Steven is a master at the limited edition release, and I could see this happening for the fan base.

I went to RAH on Monday and it was a brilliant gig with a band at the top of their game.

The Enemy God
    I m rarely critical of an evening like this but something didn't work for me on night 2 at RAH and I am
    Prepared to be one in my mild criticisms. Too much shred guitar and not enough mellow for me. Didn't like the way SW sort of 'lowered' the drums and bass with his rather commandeering hand movements. Also thought the comment about 'veteran' Prog guests 'NO' saying this is about my generation (SW) was unnecessary . So disappointed , I saw him in Limehouse earlier in the year and loved it.

I thought the night at The Troxy was one of the best gigs of the year, and there have been some special gigs this year (Big Big Train, Crimson, Gilmour to name a few). I was pretty annoyed at missing out yesterday, but perhaps it wasn't as wonderful as the set list implies. Not sure I understand what he was saying about "veteran prog guests", did he mean Guthrie, Gavin and Theo, was he being disparaging? I would be really surprised if he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sordel View Post
    Given that Guthrie and Gavin turned up for the second night at the RAH I wonder. Did the current guitarist and drummer literally have to sit out much of the second half of a concert? If so, you'd have to assume that SW is thinking in terms of a studio band (or two studio bands:PT and his solo band) and a touring band. Certainly we've seen a lot of turnover in that touring band in only a few years.
    I think they each only played two or three songs, so not much sitting out was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Not sure I understand what he was saying about "veteran prog guests"
    He was was referring to the rumours that Gilmour might be a special guest.