Thread: Connection reset issue

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar

Connection reset issue

Hi PE techies (or anyone - which is likely most of you - who knows more about computers than I do),

Frequently when I'm browsing Progressive Ears, when clicking on a forum I end up getting the message below. It's a firefox page message as opposed to an error message directly from PE. This will typically happen at least once during any 10 or so minutes that I'm browsing PE. Does this happen to others? If not (or even if so), is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks for any help with this!

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Suspended
    Like it says, the site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. The message is from Firefox, but it's still generated as a result of your modem not being able to connect with PE, so it COULD be due to hiccups of the PE server. It's important to check whether you are getting this sort of thing with other web sites as well, at the same time. If so, it's your system; bad preference settings (unlikely, or the fault would happen every time), or just the hardware wearing out.

Before replacing my old modem and old ISP with my current one, I was getting untold connection problems of this nature. The problem was definitely at my end; the the browser would be unable to load any pages, despite all the modem indicator lights being on. Since getting my new setup I don't think I've had any issues like you describe, at least not on PE.

A URL I often find useful is this one: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Thanks Bob_32_116. I believe it's only when using PE that I get this error page.

Suspended
    I'm finding the site really slow to load right now. Anyone else getting that? I don't seem to be having a problem with any other internet sites.

Funny ... I've never had those problems. I'll monitor it though.

Sent Via Progressive Ears's Mobile App
    Regards,

Duncan

Suspended
    It's fine for me today. And I did find yesterday that a couple of other sites were slow, so maybe it was something to do with my ISP after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    I'm still getting this page message periodically, and only when browsing Progressive Ears. It's not that bothersome, needing only to refresh the page to view normally. Just thought I'd bring it up in case there was an issue with PE, or if someone had an idea for a quick fix somewhere in the nether regions of my firefox browser.

Just an update on this issue - it's still recurring, multiple times during the course of a week. And it only occurs in PE. If anyone out there has a recommendation for a solution, I'm all ears (that are progressive ).