Thread: Zappa / Buff / Allison

Zappa / Buff / Allison

Hey everyone,

As prog rock fans, and fans of Zappa in particular, I imagine a number of you will be interested in the article I've just written. It's all about Allison Research, a company out of California in the late 60's and into the 70's. The company was set up by Paul Buff, (and if you know your Zappa history, you'll know Paul Buff started and ran Pal studios...) and manufactured studio equipment which went on to become famous world wide.

Anyway, if you're into Zappa and music of that era, or just studios and recording in general, I hope you'll find the article a good read.
    Here it is:
    The History of Allison Research

Comments welcome!

Cheers,

Nick
    ---
    One Flight Up Recording Studios
    Sydney Australia

Note that Ronnie Williams, with whom FZ recorded at Paul Buff's studio, is also the "Ronnie" who helped his brother Kenny "burn his poots away."

Thanks for sharing the article. Loved it! On a recent trip to California, I was able stop by 8040 Archibald Ave in Rancho Cucamonga where PAL and Studio Z once stood. After they widened the avenue another building was constructed at 8040. That building is now a women's hair salon/beauty shop.

History of Valley People

Hey thanks everyone for the replies!

Here's part 2 of the article..... The History of Valley People

Enjoy,

Nick

----
    One Flight Up Recording Studios Sydney