Thread: New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions

Anyone care to bare their soul and list what they resolve to change or do in 2013? As for myself, I am going to continue on the path to getting back into shape, avoid pissing off my wife, and get my book finished (96000 words and counting right now).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Drink less, eat healthier, do yoga, try & find things to enjoy about work, enjoy life with the wife, find time to listen to music & read.

If I actually succeed with any of them I'll have had a good year.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Organize my cds.I can't tell you how many times cds are discussed here(and on other music sites) and it takes me forever to find the disc i'm looking for.Sometimes i give up looking for it.

Arrrrggg......
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    As I resolve every year, to listen to even more Marillion.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    As I resolve every year, to listen to even more Marillion.
    Are you some sort of masochist?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Banned
    resolve to skip all Yes threads unless it has to do with newly released tour dates.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    do yoga
    Me too. My husband got me a gift cert for a local yoga studio LAST Christmas (2011) that I still haven't used for various reasons (some health related, some lazy related). But I really need to go back to it before my health gets in the way again.

I also need to start dressing better for work. Our office is pretty casual and I've decided that I've let my work attire fall to a point where I may no longer be viewed as professionally as I'd like to be. Time to fix that with a shopping trip in the next couple of weeks (I hate shopping! Unless it's for shoes. ).

I resolve to find a job and a roof over my head and settle down in one town forever. I'll be on the road again a month from now if I can't find those things here in Portland. (after looking here for nearly 3 months)
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Lose weight and pass theory / ear training. Oh, and also, continue to practice everyday and set aside time to relax and listen to music.

As I posted on Facebook, this year I'm going to try really hard to write "2013" instead of "2012".
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

Quote Originally Posted by East New York View Post
    As I posted on Facebook, this year I'm going to try really hard to write "2013" instead of "2012".

multicellular organism roddenberry's Avatar
    My new year resolution?
    2560x1440 on 27" iMac.

Podom bom, tchng!

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Thank you, thank you! Try the ve---wait; don't!

Quote Originally Posted by roddenberry View Post
    My new year resolution?
    2560x1440 on 27" iMac.

Podom bom, tchng!
    I so love this.
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

I am going to be more selfish. All the resolutions I really need to have would be bandaid solutions until I find a balance in my life, both professionally and personally. The start will be to not be willing to take the hit for others if they don't make an attempt to stop putting themselves in situations where I need to take a hit for them.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by East New York View Post

I like that. I always used to answer this question with "To never make another New Year's Resolution"

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I like that. I always used to answer this question with "To never make another New Year's Resolution"
    Ya beat me to it Esther I was going to say exactly that.

BTW

Druckfarben Feb 8
    http://www.facebook.com/events/29506...5061980614866/

DtB

I need to lose a bunch of weight & get into better shape... or else. I mean, like, about 70 pounds & knocking down triglycerides, glucose & LDL cholesterol & boosting the HDL. It's like the mortality mafia has given me an offer I can't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I need to lose a bunch of weight & get into better shape... or else. I mean, like, about 70 pounds & knocking down triglycerides, glucose & LDL cholesterol & boosting the HDL. It's like the mortality mafia has given me an offer I can't refuse.
    Yes. If you're interested, this saved my life; it requires great commitment, but the payoff is so worth it. My HbA1c was 15, and now it is 5.5 and has stayed there for the last 2 years...and the rest of my numbers are perfect. My doctor is still in shock!

http://www.amazon.com/Neal-Barnards-.../dp/1594868107

Still no job. Moving into the "Dodge Hotel" next week. Not scared, I'm tougher than I look. In some ways, I think the old, adventurous me will resurface. Heading to California with a banjo on my knee or something like that.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

To never post in threads like this. Fuck, broke another resolution.