Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76

Thread: Varg Vikernes and all

  1. #1

    Varg Vikernes and all

    I am still picturing this guy trying to look like a tough Viking stuck in a mini car with his chocolate milk. But I love hearing these stories because of the images the black metal crowd has made of him being some heroic genius. Thanks for those!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  2. #2
    Member Zeuhlmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,661

  3. #3
    I basically hate the guy. The only reason I have any Burzum at all is because of Samoth's presence in Aske. Not surprisingly, Aske is the only thing he ever did that doesn't sound like he was forced to do it as part of his prison sentence. He manipulated Samoth into an arson rap and he got worshipped as part of the "definitive" Mayhem despite being a murderous, neo-Nazi prick while Blasphemer, who took the band from a satanic freak show to a serious award winning band (along with Atila and Knut M Valle on Ordo ad Chao) got shat on by fans for 13 fucking years because he "was not Euronymous". So, I really love the dirt I hear on this fucktard.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  4. #4
    Well, Jen, I've probably stated this before - but the true sense of bluff as concerns the guy appears when you immerse in his various channels of self-presentation; online interviews, his webpages, lyrics etc. For instance his stories about "never instigating fights at school yet ALWAYS winning them". I went to Rå ungdomsskole (junior high; Kristian/"Varg" was one year behind me) with the guy, and can tell you that the fact was precisely the opposite; he instigated one or two fights which he pitifully *lost*, enduring blatant humiliations before other pupils and resigning early in the course of things. The story often went that he was essentially unable to distinguish between things and tricks he's picked up from reading comic books or watching lowgrade b-movies, thinking he'd be able to act out his Sho Kosugi-antics in real life and thus provoking actual hardliners in the schoolyard with little but fluctuating phantasms about his own gusto. And everything was always about his f'n mum; mum would come and pick her little son up on release from jail in Åsane outside of Bergen when he was granted parole from preliminary sentence, mum would pay his loans and partly finance his latest rubbish recording procedures, mum would defend little sonny in the local press, mum would lend tiny Krissy her apartment in Ibsens gate on Danmarksplass (which he in return promised not to give an internal black paintjob), mum would provide him with the clunky cute vehicle for him to drive around in.

    The "big" turnaround for this schmuck was when he placed a dagger into Euronymous' skull. Not over arguments about money - but over envy that the latter possessed every trait of human character that he himself could NEVER achieve; first and foremost cultural and mental (and thus artistic) self-awareness, secondly an onset of admirers and a huge clientelle of followers i.e. actual pals, thirdly an intellectual bias proper - unlike Kristian, Øystein read books and at least to some extent had theoretical standing and grounds for his outlook on things. I never shared or sympathised with Aarseth's views, but it was easily discernable that the guy knew fairly well what he was talking about.

    Spoiled, immature brat with a serious attention complex, narcissistic and antisocial personality disorder and a perpetual longing for mommy. You know, like Adolph Schickelgrüber himself.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

  5. #5
    Member dropforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,667
    What a loser.

  6. #6
    Member WytchCrypt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Well, Jen, I've probably stated this before - but the true sense of bluff as concerns the guy appears when you immerse in his various channels of self-presentation; online interviews, his webpages, lyrics etc. For instance his stories about "never instigating fights at school yet ALWAYS winning them". I went to Rå ungdomsskole (junior high; Kristian/"Varg" was one year behind me) with the guy, and can tell you that the fact was precisely the opposite; he instigated one or two fights which he pitifully *lost*, enduring blatant humiliations before other pupils and resigning early in the course of things. The story often went that he was essentially unable to distinguish between things and tricks he's picked up from reading comic books or watching lowgrade b-movies, thinking he'd be able to act out his Sho Kosugi-antics in real life and thus provoking actual hardliners in the schoolyard with little but fluctuating phantasms about his own gusto. And everything was always about his f'n mum; mum would come and pick her little son up on release from jail in Åsane outside of Bergen when he was granted parole from preliminary sentence, mum would pay his loans and partly finance his latest rubbish recording procedures, mum would defend little sonny in the local press, mum would lend tiny Krissy her apartment in Ibsens gate on Danmarksplass (which he in return promised not to give an internal black paintjob), mum would provide him with the clunky cute vehicle for him to drive around in.

    The "big" turnaround for this schmuck was when he placed a dagger into Euronymous' skull. Not over arguments about money - but over envy that the latter possessed every trait of human character that he himself could NEVER achieve; first and foremost cultural and mental (and thus artistic) self-awareness, secondly an onset of admirers and a huge clientelle of followers i.e. actual pals, thirdly an intellectual bias proper - unlike Kristian, Øystein read books and at least to some extent had theoretical standing and grounds for his outlook on things. I never shared or sympathised with Aarseth's views, but it was easily discernable that the guy knew fairly well what he was talking about.

    Spoiled, immature brat with a serious attention complex, narcissistic and antisocial personality disorder and a perpetual longing for mommy. You know, like Adolph Schickelgrüber himself.
    Wow, thanks for sharing some real first person experience with Vikernes...I've always wondered where the actual truth sits. I read "Lords of Chaos" a few years ago and am wondering if you've read that and if so, how accurate the representations of Varg and the main players are?
    I'm using the chicken to measure it...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Well, Jen, I've probably stated this before - but the true sense of bluff as concerns the guy appears when you immerse in his various channels of self-presentation; online interviews, his webpages, lyrics etc. For instance his stories about "never instigating fights at school yet ALWAYS winning them". I went to Rå ungdomsskole (junior high; Kristian/"Varg" was one year behind me) with the guy, and can tell you that the fact was precisely the opposite; he instigated one or two fights which he pitifully *lost*, enduring blatant humiliations before other pupils and resigning early in the course of things. The story often went that he was essentially unable to distinguish between things and tricks he's picked up from reading comic books or watching lowgrade b-movies, thinking he'd be able to act out his Sho Kosugi-antics in real life and thus provoking actual hardliners in the schoolyard with little but fluctuating phantasms about his own gusto. And everything was always about his f'n mum; mum would come and pick her little son up on release from jail in Åsane outside of Bergen when he was granted parole from preliminary sentence, mum would pay his loans and partly finance his latest rubbish recording procedures, mum would defend little sonny in the local press, mum would lend tiny Krissy her apartment in Ibsens gate on Danmarksplass (which he in return promised not to give an internal black paintjob), mum would provide him with the clunky cute vehicle for him to drive around in.

    The "big" turnaround for this schmuck was when he placed a dagger into Euronymous' skull. Not over arguments about money - but over envy that the latter possessed every trait of human character that he himself could NEVER achieve; first and foremost cultural and mental (and thus artistic) self-awareness, secondly an onset of admirers and a huge clientelle of followers i.e. actual pals, thirdly an intellectual bias proper - unlike Kristian, Øystein read books and at least to some extent had theoretical standing and grounds for his outlook on things. I never shared or sympathised with Aarseth's views, but it was easily discernable that the guy knew fairly well what he was talking about.

    Spoiled, immature brat with a serious attention complex, narcissistic and antisocial personality disorder and a perpetual longing for mommy. You know, like Adolph Schickelgrüber himself.
    Thanks!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by WytchCrypt View Post
    Wow, thanks for sharing some real first person experience with Vikernes...I've always wondered where the actual truth sits. I read "Lords of Chaos" a few years ago and am wondering if you've read that and if so, how accurate the representations of Varg and the main players are?
    Even Samoth said Lords of Chaos is inaccurate and the reason he allowed himself to be in it was to have another opinion besides Varg's. There are comments from Varg where he pretty much unloads everything that happened to him on Tomas Haugen (Samoth) and Baard Eithun. I get the impression he manipulated Samoth from Nebelhexe's (his then wife Andrea) comments in an interview where she claims Varg ("the Count") would tell him they would eventually be able to overthrow Christianity in Norway and become kings or some crap along those lines.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    There are comments from Varg
    How about the comments in 'Lords of Chaos' (authored by Norwegian libertarian Didrik Søderlin and US crypto-fascist/musician Michael Moynihan) where Vikernes refers to the mother of his daughter as a "good aryan girl"? I personally remember Agnete (her name) as a squatter girl who hardly washed herself and who drank leftover bottoms from abandoned pints at the pub and found ciggy butts from ashtrays to smoke. She named their daughter Rebecca, btw - as a punch in the face to the baby's asshole dildo-teutonic antisemite dad; Rebecka is a Jewish nomen implying "grace of God". AFAIK, neither mother nor daughter seek any business whatsoever with Kristian (meaning Christian) Vikernes nowadays.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Re-deployed as of 22 July
    Posts
    0
    One word: Asshole!

  11. #11
    Didn't Varg live in Iraq at some point? He mentions this here and there...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    One word: Asshole!
    Yeah-he basically threw Baard and Samoth under the bus in his interviews concerning the church arsons. According to him, he had nothing to do with the church fire in Skold or wherever that was.

    I like learning the truth because it seems every black metal fan worships this dick.
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 09-14-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Changing the name "spotted dick" to "Varg"
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  13. #13
    What is a Norwegian libertarian?
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  14. #14
    LinkMan Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Townsville, Australia
    Posts
    151
    He is a knob. And all
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Re-deployed as of 22 July
    Posts
    0
    I think libertarian is the same as calling someone a politically active liberal? But in Europe, a liberal is not the same as a liberal in the US. In Europe a liberal is centre to right politically, whereas in the US as far as I can work out, both Republicans and Democrats use the term liberal to refer to left-wingers.

  16. #16
    Member viukkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    133
    Libertarianism doesn't really have anything to do with liberalism. It's basically a political ideology according to which all means to regulate and control the lives of citizens are inherently evil. Kind of a right wing version of anarchism.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I think libertarian is the same as calling someone a politically active liberal? But in Europe, a liberal is not the same as a liberal in the US. In Europe a liberal is centre to right politically, whereas in the US as far as I can work out, both Republicans and Democrats use the term liberal to refer to left-wingers.
    "Libertarians" in the USA are people who want an extremely unrestrictive government (although they technically are not anarchists). They overlap with the other political groups such as conservatives ("the religious, pro-capitalism right"), the constitutionalists (commonly referred to as "The Tea Party", although the concept of the Tea Party itself is not so much a "party" as it is a movement that is embraced by libertarians, conservatives and constitutionalists. Constitutionalists want government to adhere to the powers granted in the Constitution and tend to be rather strict about this) and even the liberals to some point (for example, libertarians believe in pot legalization and favor legalizing gay marriage, which are traditionally held by liberals). "Left" and "right" here differ a bit more than in Europe. Although you have these stereotypical extremes, most Americans tend to be some mixture of all of the groups I mentioned.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    Kind of a right wing version of anarchism.
    Actually, that's not a bad description at all - if not a definition.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

  19. #19
    Member Zeuhlmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,661
    I dont know who said: "Libertarianism is just anarchism for people who've already got theirs.' "

  20. #20
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I dont know who said: "Libertarianism is just anarchism for people who've already got theirs.' "
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Actually, that's not a bad description at all - if not a definition.
    I would disagree. Libertarians are not against A government overall, but they do want government pretty much out of most things. They acknowledge government is needed for something, but there is a very narrow idea of what that something is.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  22. #22
    But let's get back on topic...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    I would disagree. Libertarians are not against A government overall, but they do want government pretty much out of most things. They acknowledge government is needed for something, but there is a very narrow idea of what that something is.
    True. Also, libertarianism doesn't primarily concern political dimensions and issues of human life, but rather more principal aspects of individual valeur.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    True. Also, libertarianism doesn't primarily concern political dimensions and issues of human life, but rather more principal aspects of individual valeur.
    Libertarians, as I said above, also do not favor "Republican", "Democrat", "conservative" or "liberal" ideologies, but because of their limited government belief, tend to fall into each at different degrees. They tend to believe in individualism, flat taxes, gun rights and true capitalism, which puts them into the conservative and Republican camps, but they also believe in issues such as pot legalization and gay marriage that puts them into liberal and Democrat camps. Also, if a libertarian hates something, he is more likely to appear on John Stossel or Greg Gutfeld or write a book than to break windows or burn stuff down.

    I was curious on if you ran into any of the others that were around Varg? Pardon if I am nosy...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    I was curious on if you ran into any of the others that were around Varg?
    Of course. I remember the dudes from Immortal (and their predecessor, the rather laughable Old Funeral) the best; Harald/Demonaz, with his speech impairment and notable back- and muscle pains, who would later find employment in the welfare service as one of those guys who change diapers on oldies suffering from dementia and that kind of thing. He once appeared briefly in a newsreel about some local resthome in Os (the village he's from, a 45 minutes' drive outside of Bergen), in which he tried to cover his face from recognition as he carried this old woman up a flight of stairs. Also Olve/Abbath Doom Occulta (nicknamed "Abba-dabba" locally), who could rarely contain his beer and would mostly puke around himself and for this unfortunate reason get expelled from the pubs he frequented. I also spoke on several occasions to Erik/Grim, whose sister Merete was a distant romantic interest of mine for a very short while in 1993-94. He was an allround good guy; very depressed and of a highly sentimental and sensitive nature, to put it like that. His final girlfriend, Trine, was very close with my best buddy's own girlfriend at the time, and apparently saw that suicide coming by a mile. Too bad it wasn't some complete craphead like Gaahl who topped himself, but as they say; the best go first. Well, relatively speaking...
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •