Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Varg Vikernes and all

I am suspecting it is more a bizarre circle: some nitwit misconstrues some art or writing, then puts out his own art or writing.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Since the clerical expert idiot even tries to bring "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" into the discussion, and nobody tells him to shut up...

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The Protocols" were a hoax, and a clear indication of ignorance.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

i never even heard of this book before

^

Jen, it's not merely an "ordinary" hoax, if there's any such thing - it is THE standard of written hoaxes or imagined "manifestos". I won't go into the formalities or even basics here, because there are practically hundreds of scientifically viable articles easily available online next to all the crypto-pseudo "interpretive" conspiratorial rubbish material on it. And, speaking as an educated historian on this exact topic (antisemitism as mental and cultural expression of ideological worldview), this is actually one of the *VERY* few times I'll even recommend that you start with the Wiki article on the subject in question.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^

Jen, it's not merely an "ordinary" hoax, if there's any such thing - it is THE standard of written hoaxes or imagined "manifestos". I won't go into the formalities or even basics here, because there are practically hundreds of scientifically viable articles easily available online next to all the crypto-pseudo "interpretive" conspiratorial rubbish material on it. And, speaking as an educated historian on this exact topic (antisemitism as mental and cultural expression of ideological worldview), this is actually one of the *VERY* few times I'll even recommend that you start with the Wiki article on the subject in question.
    Thanks! I will look into it when I get home.

I started reading the Wikipedia entry-it is a collection of plagiarisms based of other plagiarisms of political satires?

It is essentially an adaptation aimed at a specific function of utility, namely as manual to allow for the Okhrana (secret police in tsarist Russia) to instigate pogroms more or less at will, and on a more overall scheme to point fingers at an alleged "internal enemy" other than the upper class itself (which was becoming all the more an object of resent with both the proletariat and the relatively discreet lower middle class at the time). And the adaptation as such was crudely yet cleverly performed in that an eventual disclosure of and objection to its falsum origin would instantly also be fended off as a conspiracy theory itself - i.e. "someone wants to see this swept under the carpet" or "someone are trying to blame other forces than the ones actually behind it".

It is still applied in this fashion today, and given frequent reeditions - partly on established publishing houses - in Eastern Europe and the Middle East in particular.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

It is essentially an adaptation aimed at a specific function of utility, namely as manual to allow for the Okhrana (secret police in tsarist Russia) to instigate pogroms more or less at will, and on a more overall scheme to point fingers at an alleged "internal enemy" other than the upper class itself (which was becoming all the more an object of resent with both the proletariat and the relatively discreet lower middle class at the time). And the adaptation as such was crudely yet cleverly performed in that an eventual disclosure of and objection to its falsum origin would instantly also be fended off as a conspiracy theory itself - i.e. "someone wants to see this swept under the carpet" or "someone are trying to blame other forces than the ones actually behind it".

It is still applied in this fashion today, and given frequent reeditions - partly on established publishing houses - in Eastern Europe and the Middle East in particular.
    this is pretty enlightening. I was unaware this existed, as I said before.

you can buy it in Amazon too-and for your kindle

what is the deal with the Rothschilds?
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 10-02-2015 at 10:10 AM. Reason: i thought rothschilds was synonumous with high priced French grape juice

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Oh man... Don't even GO there!

Oh man... Don't even GO there!

Oh, but you KNOW it's a tempting path to wander along for me

I know one that has been all over Twitter about something with Lord Sutherland's birth certificate or some crap...

Now, I am really fascinated....

Redwine better than the average ?

The only Rothschilds i know are wine, candy and giraffes

this Protocols book-is this what Varg bases his rants on? I am not suggesting he actually read it, but I am guessing someone showed it to him in picture form or explained it...

I am suspecting in cartoon form though...

okay-perhaps I am being a bit unfair on Varg's reading skills and ability to comprehend...

I am being a bit unfair on Varg
    Don't forget the famous words of Aristotle; thou cannot act unfairly to a maggot's turd.

No, the guy can probably read. But no nonetheless; I can assure you that the number of actual books he's taken in and whose contents he has ever been able to *discern* from an already declared "reality" of his - remains pathetically low.

Apparently, people are quoting him in memes now. One turned up in a childfree facebook group I am in and the person was upset by comments he made about women. I was like, why are you worrying about what he says? He's a douchebag...

I see now Gaahl is on the bandwagon and doing art.

Richard - do you ever see Fenriz tooling around town at all? I dig the new Darkthrone Old Star album - maybe the production is too "good" but its decent.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

^ I don't think you get to see Fenris until Ragnarok.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection