Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 80's Silly Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    [Oingo Boingo - not familiar with them, don't think they are well known in this country.]

Not sure what country you live in but in the US they are fairly well known in new wave, alternative and art rock circles. In fact their fomer lead singer and songwriter Danny Elfman is well known as a film soundtrack composer.
    They're also very well known for doing the song Weird Science for the movie of the same title.

Some of The Tubes stuff might fit this category.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Would you by any chance be talking about Paper Lace?
    “The Night Chicago Died” is, indeed, the very paragon of silliness. But their debut single was “Billy, Don’t Be a Hero.” Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods rush-released their cover and it raced up the Billboard charts before Paper Lace’s original could gain any momentum. Rumour has it that they deliberately released “The Night Chicago Died” in the States first to prevent this from happening again.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The Bears

Blotto (they were local when I was in college, and I saw them a few times. They were fun, and somehow managed a couple of hits.

What, No Men Without Hats and the Safety Dance!

But count me as a fan of Oingo Boingo...saw them several times in their heyday. Whereas they had that silly Weird Science song, most of the output was much more raw, sarcastic and smart.

sd
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut