Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JEFF LYNNE’S ELO SIGNS WITH COLUMBIA...

I have something with "Beatles Forever" on it.

so he's calling himself Jeff Lynne's ELO?
    is he gonna sue himself for using the ELO name?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Chris, wasn't Lee Pomeroy also in both Galahad & Mitchell's It Bites?
    The Galahad Lee is I think Lee Abrahams, Pomeroy indeed was part of It Bites for a while IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I have something with "Beatles Forever" on it.
    I don't know if that's had an official release...it's not currently in print. It was one of the tracks on the planned double album of 'Secret Messages' I mentioned...something that Sony/Lynne should look into releasing IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    so he's calling himself Jeff Lynne's ELO?
    is he gonna sue himself for using the ELO name?
    This is a mystery to me too, but maybe it's his way of making his name 'known'. He did not do this in 2001 with 'Zoom' which just came out under the 'Electric Light Orchestra' banner like the other albums.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I don't know if that's had an official release...it's not currently in print. It was one of the tracks on the planned double album of 'Secret Messages' I mentioned...something that Sony/Lynne should look into releasing IMHO.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I checked with some old friends (ELO fanatics) and let them hear some of what I have. Apparently the DAT I have is some shelved album. Some of the songs have been released or leaked, but different mixes, they say.

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Ah, if only the Move would reunite.....
    Now you're talking......imho his best work was with them and the first 3 or 4 ELO LP's.

The last ELO I liked was Face the Music. Never cared for their 80's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    They finally did release Secret Messages almost one year ago for its 35th Anniversary on a double vinyl record minus the infamous "Beatles Forever", but complete with free We Are Vinyl mp3 download, then also via digital downloading services!

https://store-us.jefflynneselo.com/p...nniversary-2lp

For the first time ever, Electric Light Orchestra’s Secret Messages will be released as a double album, as originally conceived by Jeff Lynne in 1983. This 2LP release adds six tracks to its running order, all available for the first time on LP. Equally flush with cutting-edge synthesizers as well as up-front guitar mastery, Secret Messages is quintessential, world-class techno pop-rock. Jeff Lynne’s eclectic collection of self-written, self-produced songs (including the international hit “Rock ‘N’ Roll Is King”) ranges from raucous to romantic, all the while maintaining ELO’s peerless musicianship.

Release Date: 3rd August 2018

Last edited by TrekkiELO; 07-25-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiELO View Post
    They finally did release Secret Messages almost one year ago for its 35th Anniversary on a double vinyl record minus the infamous "Beatles Forever", but complete with free We Are Vinyl mp3 download, then also via digital downloading services!

For the first time ever, Electric Light Orchestra’s Secret Messages will be released as a double album, as originally conceived by Jeff Lynne in 1983. This 2LP release adds six tracks to its running order, all available for the first time on LP. Equally flush with cutting-edge synthesizers as well as up-front guitar mastery, Secret Messages is quintessential, world-class techno pop-rock. Jeff Lynne’s eclectic collection of self-written, self-produced songs (including the international hit “Rock ‘N’ Roll Is King”) ranges from raucous to romantic, all the while maintaining ELO’s peerless musicianship.

The DAT I have reads:
    ELO The Lost Record (Jeff & Bill)
    Mandalay
    Time After Time
    My Old Friend
    4 Little Diamonds
    Danger Ahead
    Letter From Space
    Loser Gone Wild
    Bluebird
    On & On
    No Way Out
    Beatles Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The DAT I have reads:
    ELO The Lost Record (Jeff & Bill)
    Mandalay
    Time After Time
    My Old Friend
    4 Little Diamonds
    Danger Ahead
    Letter From Space
    Loser Gone Wild
    Bluebird
    On & On
    No Way Out
    Beatles Forever
    ELO The Lost Record is Secret Messages (Jeff & Bill is Jeff Lynne & Bill Bottrell)

My Old Friend is "Hello My Old Friend"
    Letter from Space is "Letter from Spain"
    On & On is "Take Me On and On"

Nice, I'd like to have a copy of that!

just curious, how did you acquire it?

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiELO View Post

WoW!! thanks for posting, I didn't know about this.
    Just ordered on Amazon.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I think it's great Jeff is still touring. I know he's work with Tandy in the recent past but I miss the original line-up.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

A friend of mine saw the Jeff and Richard show in St Paul last night. He said it was glorious.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

the track 'Beatles Forever' was left off the recent remaster/restoration of the double album.
    but most of those songs appeared on their box sets and remastered catalog.

My vinyl arrived on Saturday and we listened on Sunday night.
    What a magnificent piece of work, we loved it. My wife had this on cassette back in the day and it was her go to album when driving to work. But she was amazed how good it sounded.
    I have to say, what Sony/Legacy did with this album reissue is wonderful. It is one of the cleanest sounding albums I've ever bought. I love how they just re-issued it and didn't mess with the mix or remastering.
    I wish more releases were like this, a simple quality reissue. This album sounds simply wonderful. I don't know where Sony had these pressed but they did a great job.

I love the re-issue so much, next purchase is A New World Record, then I think I'm done. To me, although the subsequent albums had some good tracks, ELO just lost a lot of the magic and sounded like disco music to me.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457