Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Albums by one hit wonders

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    While Philadelphia's Hooters, led by Rob Hyman (who co-wrote and sang on Cindy Lauper's "Time After Time") got some airplay with "Day by Day" and "Where Do the Children Go" off of 1985's Nervous Night, their only track to make a significant dent in the charts was the lesser (imho) "And We Danced" off of the same.
    I really do like the mandolin/melodica intro to that song, though. It makes the tune, and really stands out from the increasingly synthetic sounds of 80s radio.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    While Philadelphia's Hooters, led by Rob Hyman (who co-wrote and sang on Cindy Lauper's "Time After Time") got some airplay with "Day by Day" and "Where Do the Children Go" off of 1985's Nervous Night, their only track to make a significant dent in the charts was the lesser (imho) "And We Danced" off of the same.
    What about All You Zombies? I remember that being played quite a bit on MTV, though nowhere to the extent that Day By Day and And We Danced were played.

And I agree, the melodica and mandolin on the The Hooters records was actually pretty cool, especially given the era we're talking about.

I never had the albums, but I always dug the singles, and I thought All You Zombies was the best of them. Love that sort of spooky slide guitar on the intro. Had a weird video too.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    What about All You Zombies? I remember that being played quite a bit on MTV, though nowhere to the extent that Day By Day and And We Danced were played.

And I agree, the melodica and mandolin on the The Hooters records was actually pretty cool, especially given the era we're talking about.

I never had the albums, but I always dug the singles, and I thought All You Zombies was the best of them. Love that sort of spooky slide guitar on the intro. Had a weird video too.
    The Hooters got a lot of airplay around here with several songs from different albums. Personally I would not consider them a one hit wonder, at least in my neck of the woods.