Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Iron Maiden - 'The Book of Souls'

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Well, like I said, the beer scene here in Charlotte is moving away from that. Our dozen or so breweries (and one cidery!) are marked by a multitude of styles, IBU levels and techniques. Heck, we even have one German style brewery that actually lagers beer! Nobody lagers beer anymore (it's incredibly time-consuming). There are still a lot of hoppy, IBU heavy ales, but it's not our only choice here in the Queen City. My wife picked up two bottles of barrel aged, yam-flavored beer last night while I sipped on a jalapeño infused ale at the local brewery.

Um, before the mods shut this thread down . . . boy, I'm still really digging the new Iron Maiden album.
    I didn't know "lager" was a verb. What exactly is "lager"-ing?

I'm still digging the album too. Best album of 2015.

I'll be catching this tour in Feb. Last time I saw them was on the NOTB tour. Loudest concert I ever have been to in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I didn't know "lager" was a verb. What exactly is "lager"-ing?
    Everything you've ever needed to know about lagering:

https://www.mainbrew.com/lagering-ExtraPages.html

A nice yellow pilsner in the summer, a bock in the winter and of course Oktoberfest in the autumn--there's nothing a lager can't do!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Well, like I said, the beer scene here in Charlotte is moving away from that. Our dozen or so breweries (and one cidery!) are marked by a multitude of styles, IBU levels and techniques. Heck, we even have one German style brewery that actually lagers beer! Nobody lagers beer anymore (it's incredibly time-consuming). There are still a lot of hoppy, IBU heavy ales, but it's not our only choice here in the Queen City. My wife picked up two bottles of barrel aged, yam-flavored beer last night while I sipped on a jalapeño infused ale at the local brewery.

Um, before the mods shut this thread down . . . boy, I'm still really digging the new Iron Maiden album.
    If you can find it, Cave Creek beer from Cave Creek, AZ. Jalapeno infused and with a actual jalapeno in the bottle. Yum yum with Mexican food.

You can keep your yam stuff, I don't do them. Cool, nonetheless.

As for the topic, I need to get a ticket. What's the best site for getting one? There was one site advertised on the radio during football games possibly bigticket.com but I can't remember. They got leftovers from arenas and sold them for less than the usual. Sounded good in the ad and I'll listen tomorrow while at work and try and get the name right.

If I can save a buck or two and still get a decent seat I'm all for it. Who wouldn't?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I borrowed it from the library system, and TBH, just another Maiden album (I think the last I'd paid momentaneous attention was 7th Son)

Why did I go for it?? Well the long tracks surely helped (three tracks over 10-minutes), as I was hoping for interesting (read novel for Iron Maiden) musical ideas but ultimately they were disappointing because they were just too wordy. The long instrumental passages were all too rare and just destined for some guitar solos (when did they add a third guitarist, BTW??) ... and little else. Some longer tracks (above 7 and below 10 minutes) were just about one riff, and Bruce bellowing... How boring after another 13 albums after Bruce got in.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Right, it's scorebig.com and they say they have tickets, upper levels but center stage, for seven percent less than most major ticket brokers.

Around 200 bucks. I want to do it right now as I fear they may go up later but I just can't right now as I've set a path and I must follow it. I don't know if anywhere else would be cheaper and I don't know who to trust other than Stubhub as they are only one I know of. Haven't looked there but I doubt it will be better.

Ok, then, there's that little tidbit. Still learning this whole process and I'm too tired to look anymore tonight.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Just saw Iron Maiden in Madison Square Garden on The Book of Souls tour. Just incredible. Bruce is singing better than ever. The new songs come off great live, especially The Red and the Black. The crowd was into every song.

Maiden is still at the top of their game. If you get a chance to see this show, don't miss it. I've been seeing Maiden shows since the 80s, and this might have been the best.