Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homunculus Res

Homunculus Res

Been listening to their album all morning...

Limiti all'eguaglianza della Parte con il Tutto

Some great stuff. I like the nod they have to The Rascal Reporters too.

https://homunculusres.bandcamp.com/a...con-il-tutto-2

Love this band! There may be more Rascal Reporters-related material in the future from Dario & Co., but don't quite me on that just yet.

I know a nee H Res album is in the works, and I can't wait. Great band!

I like it too. There's some very refined arrangements at play, still it steers away from the (sometimes) ridiculously challenging modes of the more intricate Rascal Reporters-stuff. Dario sure knows his warm vibes and how to communicate them, though.

About as Italian as Schnauser are British. A good thing!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Fine band and he's a lovely person too. Highly recommended!

LOVED their debut and looking forward to the new one.

Anyone any idea when it is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    I hear Ske is mixing their next album
    That's right, i forgot about that. Should be pretty cool.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Here is the album art for #2

HMRS2.jpg

New record due any second now. Best one by far, desert island disc for me. Dario is now an unofficial member of my unknown project collective, rascal reporters, plays on both sides of my upcoming single, and will appear voraciously and vociferously on every song of my next two full length CD's. Stay tuned...

^^

It should have been out at the 15th February, then it should be out at the 20th Feb. and still ain't.

Somehow it looks like Altrock/Fading Records are in a difficult situation (and sadly not only Prog lable so). The rereleases of the SKE album and the
    Deus ex Machina albums seem to be postponed to nowhere...

I strongly hope they are getting well again, a really awesome lable. I could only wish them the best...

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    ^^

It should have been out at the 15th February, then it should be out at the 20th Feb. and still ain't.

Somehow it looks like Altrock/Fading Records are in a difficult situation (and sadly not only Prog lable so). The rereleases of the SKE album and the
    Deus ex Machina albums seem to be postponed to nowhere...

I strongly hope they are getting well again, a really awesome lable. I could only wish them the best...
    Seconded. Together with Cuneiform Altrock has been my main source of new music purchases over the last 5 or 10 years.
    Love the label. I hope they are okay but you can't help but notice their activity has diminished considerably lately.

The new Homunculus Res is a no brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    you can't help but notice their activity has diminished considerably lately.
    No, it's very obvious. Although it has apparently been a sort of idealistic undertaking from the very beginning, the general state of affairs and hardships of Italian economy may be taking their toll even here. Which is truly disconcerting, seeing as they were the -one- single label after Cunei who worked as coherently in the field of challenging or "difficult" progressive rock - as opposed to more stereotypical denominations. If these essential platforms and channels keep ceasing operations, the acts will soon have nowhere to turn and the music will vanish. Of course it would anyway - in time, that is.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    No, it's very obvious.
    Too bad if altRock will stop now, I'm so hoping situation would resolve, but not sure at all.. this, so little time after Cuneiform 'forced sabbatical' is really dreadful. I wonder if they give 'announcement' in such cases, as Steve F. did, or just keep silence and that's it

Finally on bandcamp. Autobuy!

So glad the Gnome made the cover!gnome.JPG
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Got it!
    No time to listen to it yet but looking forward to hearing this. Impressive list of guest musicians!

I likey! Consistent with the first two and now we have a nice trilogy.

But alas not an AltrOck release, which should confirm or point to difficulties with the label.

I'll be sure to get this release, and everybody in the remote distance of interest ought to. No matter what may be said about Hackett or will possibly happen to Yes and/or Genesis in the upcoming 30-40 years, music like that of Homunculus Res isn't likely to be made a mere decade from now.

Shit This.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    But alas not an AltrOck release, which should confirm or point to difficulties with the label.

I'll be sure to get this release, and everybody in the remote distance of interest ought to. No matter what may be said about Hackett or will possibly happen to Yes and/or Genesis in the upcoming 30-40 years, music like that of Homunculus Res isn't likely to be made a mere decade from now.
    Is this not getting a CD release?

I am seriously bummed out about the purported difficulties with AltrOck. Like Cuneiform, they've released some really solidly good music over the years, by a wide array of artists.

Really liked Homunculus Res' second album, but I haven't heard their first one yet. I intend on getting this new one for sure, but would always prefer to buy the physical media if available. But... 7 euros is hardly going to break the bank for me, so I should just pay for the digital album now, and can always get the CD if it materializes later.

CD is out and sold by BTF for example. As far as I know the CD is released by Altrock...

CD is out and sold by BTF for example. As far as I know the CD is released by Altrock...
    D'oh! I missed that somehow...

Well, I already bought the digital release on Bandcamp, so oh well.

As far as I know the CD is released by Altrock...
    If that's the case then those are great news.

It is a winner. Like it better then the previous one, which was perhaps a bit overambitious.