Thread: Built for the Future CHASING LIGHT

Built for the Future CHASING LIGHT

Hi Prog Ears troopers….
    We just released(july) our debut crossover prog album…Chasing Light….its kind of like Rush meets Yes-west meets Tears for Fears….our age shows in our influence.

It has received some nice/generous reviews, and fantastic airplay on progzilla and many other internet radio(as well as some independent radio) stations….

The band is Patric Farrell, i play all the music, arrange, sing backing vocals and produce…and Kenny Bissett..he sings lead vocals…

I would be an honor to be accepted in to the PROG EARS community…hopefully a few of you will enjoy the album.

http://builtforthefuture1.bandcamp.com

EPK, video's and homesite under construction…more to come once i learn more about navigating PE! lol.

ps. album is dedicated to Squire, my musical hero.

This will most definitely end up in my top 5 for this year. I keep coming back to this one. Very listenable with lots of "catchy" tunes and excellent production. I just happened across it poking around the new releases on Bandcamp and, based on the cover art, I expected yet another prog metal album (not that there's anything wrong with that) but it certainly is not. Reminds me a bit of Sound of Contact (which is a very good thing).

This sounds very promising! I've added it to my wishlist so I can follow up later and check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow. thank you much…great honor to have you say that….i agree..the cover can be a bit metal looking lol…but i like SCI FI…so i went for it…lol…SoC is a nice reference…similar in intent..sci fi…proggy…crossover/melodic…
    thank you for the kind words.

QUOTE=PixelDelirium;451964]This will most definitely end up in my top 5 for this year. I keep coming back to this one. Very listenable with lots of "catchy" tunes and excellent production. I just happened across it poking around the new releases on Bandcamp and, based on the cover art, I expected yet another prog metal album (not that there's anything wrong with that) but it certainly is not. Reminds me a bit of Sound of Contact (which is a very good thing).[/QUOTE]

BTW, any chance of a hi-res (24 bit) release on Bandcamp?

My fave tracks are 1, 3, 5, 12.

limited edition CD sold out already... too bad..

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    limited edition CD sold out already... too bad..
    I only pressed a couple hundred, mainly for promotional use and of course the family and friends route..but lo and behold they garnered great attention….and sold briskly…plus i took the proper lot to the local retailers etc.
    i may grab some of those and open it up for another handful….thanks for putting the thought in my head…

IF i get a distribution deal, then for sure more CD's will be made available long term. IF…IF…IF….LOL…yeah..dreaming.

i am so grateful that THEY SOLD! i was imaging boxes of CD's lying around the house lol….thanks to all who support us and purchased the CD…..Patric(Built for the Future)

Old man of prog
    Really enjoying this disc. Well done Avenger!

Hey Avenger, If you do grab any of those CD's then PM me.. interested in a copy :-)

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    Hey Avenger, If you do grab any of those CD's then PM me.. interested in a copy :-)
    Email me...pf90125@live.com

Wow... Just listened over at Bandcamp. Definitely hearing the prog x 80s mix. Excellent!

I've listen to it once, sounds good. Like the kind of album that will reward with repeated listening.
    Count me in as one interested in a physical copy.

This sounds really nice!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    One of the pleasant surprises of 2015!

(If you're 'slow' like me) This release requires multiple listens to fully appreciate what Patric has accomplished.
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

First song makes me think of Bowie...
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    First song makes me think of Bowie...
    Interesting...I can totally see the Major Tom thought...with the isolated traveller feel...which is what I was looking for.
    A sort of lonely beginning in the quest...thus the sad piano and voice alone to start the album.
    As it evolved, I heard Tears for Fears and Beatles ground up w Floyd in the colors of the part one....

The other interesting note is that with those above reference points...my partner actually wrote the vocal melodies on Arrive...so Bowie, Floyd, Beatles, tears...what I heard really was generated from Kenny's writing...I gave him the completed music on this one...told him to write melody and lyrics.....I dug what he did.

Peace friends....patric(built for the future)

I look forward to checking this out when I get a second to myself!