Thread: Question about Anathema's acoustic shows.

Question about Anathema's acoustic shows.

Anathema are returning to Australia later this year only this time they're doing an acoustic tour. I was wondering if these shows are performed by just Danny, Vincent and Lee (as per the Union Chapel songs on Universal) or are there other band members involved?

Thanks in advance

Geoff
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Suspended
    Wow, thanks for bringing this to my attention. They'll be playing in a venue just 15 minutes' walk from my place! I'll almost certainly go.

Sorry, I can't help with your question.

I'll be able to tell you in a couple of weeks when I see them at ProgPower. They are doing both an acoustic show and an electric show.

In the meantime, you can check out the trailer for their new DVD, A Sort Of Homecoming.

Suspended
    ^^ That looks as if it would have been a good event. Their Perth appearance is in a pub, rather than a cathedral, so unfortunately the punters might be a little noisier and less respectful, and the acoustics not nearly as good. Still, I guess not being a big-name act, at least not here, that's the kind of venue where they are likely to play if they play at all.

When they toured the US opening for Blackfield a few years ago (acoustic) I think it was just the two brothers. The show I had tickets to got cancelled, so did not see them, but at the time I was under the impression that it was just the two of them. I have no clue about this tour though.

Suspended
    I'd be really disappointed if Lee Douglas wasn't in the touring group. Her vocals really add an extra dimension to some of the band's more recent songs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    When they toured the US opening for Blackfield a few years ago (acoustic) I think it was just the two brothers. The show I had tickets to got cancelled, so did not see them, but at the time I was under the impression that it was just the two of them. I have no clue about this tour though.
    You can't judge anything by that tour. The whole band was supposed to come over to play, but due to visa issues, only the brothers were able to come over. I remember when I saw them in DC that they struggled a bit in finding enough material to play with just the two of them. Good show, but not representative of a regular tour.

To answer your question, the acoustic show at ProgPower was Danny, Vincent and Lee, tho the whole band was there for the full show the previous night.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

Suspended
    Well, I've got my ticket now, so no backing out. We shall see, or rather, hear.