Thread: The Bob Lazar Story, new EP

The Bob Lazar Story, new EP

Here's one that some folk 'round these parts might dig. From Christchurch, New Zealand, new EP Self-Loathing Joe now released.

Listen to it, and indeed all their other release on Bandcamp

https://theboblazarstory.bandcamp.co...f-loathing-joe

"Self-Loathing Joe is the 5th release from The Bob Lazar Story. It sounds like two small bands having a fight on some stairs."

And just because I want to, Funniest Cat Video II from the Ghost of Foodstool EP

C'mon, no love for The Bob Lazar Story, the best original progfusion from Christchurch your ever going to hear. I have two of their cds, both very good to great.

Quote Originally Posted by MJBrady View Post
    C'mon, no love for The Bob Lazar Story, the best original progfusion from Christchurch your ever going to hear. I have two of their cds, both very good to great.
    I haven't had time for aproper listen yet, but the few tracks I heard are at least 'of interest'. The first track I happened upon 'Foodstoll extracts revenge' sounded very like Rascal Reporters so that might attract say two more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    I haven't had time for aproper listen yet, but the few tracks I heard are at least 'of interest'. The first track I happened upon 'Foodstoll extracts revenge' sounded very like Rascal Reporters so that might attract say two more fans.
    Exactly!

New video for the track Ezekiel II from the Self-Loathing Joe EP, stunning imagery

Two more fans

Yes, indeed. Very nice pop music
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Seriously though, what a lovely EP this is. Nicely done, lads
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Time to revive this thread as The Bob Lazar Story have a new album 'Vanquisher' out on Bad Elephant records, meaning its a CD as well as a download. I've listened to this band and been intrigued but not enough to jump in before, but on this one, they've really grabbed me -it has a fuller sound and more keyboards (at least they sound like keyboards, but the listing doesn't mention any). As it comes along at the same time and on the same label as Emmett Elvin's new album I might venture to suggest that they'd appeal to the same audience - clever instrumental music that owes something to the prog (particularly Canterbury) of the past , but is definitely of the present. Now I might start going backwars through their catalogue..
    https://theboblazarstory.bandcamp.com/album/vanquisher

I gotta bump this band up - I never knew until a month ago - HOLY MOLY - love this whole discography instantly.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton