Thread: The Pig from Pink Floyd's "Animals" can be yours

The Pig from Pink Floyd's "Animals" can be yours

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I thought Peter Frampton had already bought this at Pink Floyd's yard sale!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    No, it's not. Anymore at least - http://auctions.durrants.com/auction...ng.asp?aid=352 (#%)

**Algie WITHDRAWN FROM SALE 1977 Pink Floyd Pig that Flew over Battersea Power Station and famously broke free causing disruption throughout London. Comes with road case 1.15 m x 0.82 m x 1.00 m and fan. NOTE: inflatable is in poor coniditon with a...**

But the next pig, that was used by Gilmour, Mason & Wright's PF is. Also, Waters' "Teacher" from the Berlin Wall show and some Stones merch (page 2) including "stained" tour shirts! (Not Mick or Keef's stains, sorry.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

No it's not, it says so in the first sentence of the very article you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    No it's not, it says so in the first sentence of the very article you posted!
    It also says that's an updated link.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Okay, fair enough. But it was updated 3 days ago and you created this thread 3 days ago.....so there must have been just minutes or hours in it before the thread became a lie

Jesus Christ, Peter.

Just read the goddamn thread. I posted a link to an article saying that it was up for auction, and then two posts later, Obscured posted an update.

It's not that fucking hard to follow.

We saw some Floyd tribute band a number of years ago who had "the pig" blown up in the parking lot outside the venue.. They claimed they bought the pig from David Gilmour after the Momentary lapse tour.. so who knows how many pigs are out there..

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    so who knows how many pigs are out there..
    Judging from what I've read about last night's "Video Music Awards," there are quite a few.

Judas Priest! chill out dude, I'm just fooling with ya.

Judging from what I've read about last night's "Video Music Awards," there are quite a few.

I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Shop the pig.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Jesus Christ, Peter.

Just read the goddamn thread. I posted a link to an article saying that it was up for auction, and then two posts later, Obscured posted an update.

It's not that fucking hard to follow.
    Apparently it was that hard to follow.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973