Thread: Collectible Avant /Prog/Jazz/Rock !!!

Collectible Avant /Prog/Jazz/Rock !!!

Limited quantity of CD's available for sale of 2005 release by :

Paul Panebianco - Sense Of Self - Purchase @ http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ppanebianco

Get a hard copy while you still can......

NOT available in digital download ........

ppanebianco.jpg
    Last edited by PaulPb; 08-27-2015 at 11:08 AM.

The short clips sound interesting, so I've given this one a chance in my CD-player. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for listening!! -I just got word someone (was it you?) just purchased one ........ only 4 left - ITs a batch of music that has its "origins" (main thematic content composed in the late 1980's and early 1990's) - The sense of self CD is a collection of my best recomposed work (that I have recordings of.........there is plenty more material - instrumental and vocal - the trouble is getting musicians who want to work in this genre of music........so thats why my recordings are only me - (so far) - from the late 1970s t0 early 1990's I was surounded by musicians into progressive music (in bands, friends and teachers - - - - - at the moment I seem to be stranded alone without support from other musicians dedicated to that style) - etc.......

enjoy the music!!

Yes, it was me Paul. Thanks for the inside info.

let me know what you think after you hear It

Regards; Paul

Just received the album and am listening to it right now for the second time.

There are a lot of interesting ideas in your compositions. I can imagine your wish to perform these songs with a band.
    But you're doing a fine job yourself too! The piano-playing is wonderful, the keyboards have fine sounds (although the violin-like sound is used a bit too often) and the drums are well played.
    Generally this is quite melodic stuff, which reminds me sometimes of A Triggering Myth's first album and François Bréant's Sons Optiques.

Triumph Over Adversity is one of the highlights, especially because of the marimba-sounds and tubular bells-effects.

Good job!