Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend solo albums & side projects by Jethro Tull members

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Blodwyn Pig - Ahead Rings Out

If you like the first two Tull albums, it is simply essential.
    I would throw Getting To This in as well, great stuff. I find some of the stuff on those Pig albums to be every bit as good as Tull.

'Ahead Rings Out' is essential. Some marvellous material on there- 'Sing Me A Song In The Morning' is a particular favourite. The remaster has several extra tracks, including the excellent 'See My Way', which was on the US version of the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    mmmhhh!!!... that's one band I tried to get a hold of, and never managed... YT might be my friend on this one as well
    this is my favorite song from the first Aviator record. Even though the sound quality is really inferior on this YT source. I read that there is a (don't know if it's legit--probably not??) CD release of this album that is just a poor transfer from a vinyl source with some terrible post-processing applied when mastered to CD. a shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPVx...TC_9mBGElXjWoX
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

There was a good live recording of Aviator shared online recently.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    There was a good live recording of Aviator shared online recently.
    Yes there was! The only live Aviator show I've ever come across! (It was the three-piece version as the opening act for Steve Hillage in 1979. I was the guy that helped to fill in the gaps in the setlist. it did run a little slow pitchwise, [needs a pitch increase by +2.4%] but that's certainly not uncommon for a cassette recording from the 70's...)
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')