Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aquaserge on BC

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    hi

is it a vinyl EP or a CDEP?

thanks
    Steve, it is a CD EP. Ultra-thin digipak style just barely wide enough to have a title on the spine.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yeah, they seem to take their time these guys at bandcamp,
    I waited half a year to get the April March CD...

Quote Originally Posted by karel hupjé View Post
    It will be released both on CD and vinyl. My CD copy arrived yesterday. It's a Crammed Disc release.

And more important, is wonderful.
    Well it looks like they learned their lesson about boycotting CD format with their last album...

They made up for it by including the album and the previous EP on the samle disc too.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I recently bought their catalogue from bandcamp. It is still growing on me but I quite like it. Very hard to classify. That is a good thing.
    Not too sure about the vocals though: they seem a bit lifeless. Luckily 80% is instrumental.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Not too sure about the vocals though: they seem a bit lifeless.
    They are, I believe, exactly what they intend to be; an added verbal instrument to go with the sonic mass, delivering a lingual colour which mostly isn't too essential for the total. Their particular school of singing is quite established in alternative rock quarters; the deliberately unaffected, clean, vibrato- and friction-less tonation of ostinati.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I love them but must admit the vocal always strike me as the weakest link in the chain

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    I love them but must admit the vocal always strike me as the weakest link in the chain
    even to a francophone, their vocals always appear cold & aloof, but I think that most of us (french speakers) comprehend that as part of their purposelu-made artistic trait
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    But to switch to the stong(est) link in the chain. I am REALLY enjoying those bass lines!

^ The guitars are awesome as well; almost no one out there poses with those tones, timbres and economic techniques anymore. And don't get me started on the use of analog gadgets; they demonstrate how archaic gear can be applied purposefully within a contemporary pop/rock context and serve precisely the 'modernity' of it. Without even falling into the Skullhead trap.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^ More Laptops!!!

Pardon the distress of my digress, but I just found this mofo neaty video of the mighty Brown vs. Brown (where did they go?) grooving weirdly with incendiary lap'ah;

But don't tell the lizard!

New song from the (forthcoming) new album:

https://aquaserge.bandcamp.com/track...=fanpub_fb_trk
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    New song from the (forthcoming) new album:

https://aquaserge.bandcamp.com/track...=fanpub_fb_trk
    I'm all over this shit! Can't wait for the album to arrive in October.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

New song sounds great. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I'm all over this shit! Can't wait for the album to arrive in October.
    Agreed! I'm a fan of just about everything they've done.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Agreed! I'm a fan of just about everything they've done.
    Yeah, I have everything they've done. Great creative arc this band has had, always finding ways to make it new - and this latest song shows they continue to do that. It's a rare thing in rock music to combine a genuine exploratory approach with impeccable taste and accessible* songwriting. They are the hippest!

* Well, fairly accessible. I thought Aquaserge might just be the avant-ish band I could turn my square friends on to, via Laisse ça être, but zero enthusiasm there so far, just head-scratching. As I’m reminded by my wife pretty much every time we have guests and I put a little music on, my compass for what normal people find to be acceptable listening is fucked.

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    it is a CD EP. Ultra-thin digipak style
    I have to say that in a day and age when some (admittedly great) artists tend to release whole albums of mere 28 minutes duration, I'd hoped for a full 40 minutes of new stough from the 'serges. What's the length of this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I have to say that in a day and age when some (admittedly great) artists tend to release whole albums of mere 28 minutes duration, I'd hoped for a full 40 minutes of new stough from the 'serges. What's the length of this one?
    Guerre is just fifteen minutes I'm afraid.

Bandcamp Profile