Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New issue of PROG Magazine (in the US at least)

Banned

New issue of PROG Magazine (in the US at least)

with Genesis (Foxtrot) on the cover. Got mine at FYE for $13.49 after 10% discount which is more than I'm usually willing to spend on a CD even thought the magazine comes with a CD. PROG mag....the 70's were ok too.

I got this today. Excellrent review of District 97's Trouble With Machines - that reviewer really gets it.

I live in Chicago, bit subscribe through my iPad so I get the latest issue when it comes out in England (which is about a month or so before it comes out here). The Foxtrot issue has been out for a while over there; the latest issue, which came out last week, has a big Fripp interview and features Court on the cover.

It also has an interview with PE's very own Sean. Way to go, Sean!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucka001 View Post
    I live in Chicago, bit subscribe through my iPad so I get the latest issue when it comes out in England (which is about a month or so before it comes out here). The Foxtrot issue has been out for a while over there; the latest issue, which came out last week, has a big Fripp interview and features Court on the cover.

get the fuck out really? Is it an article on PE? I guess we'll get that in the next six weeks here in the states, at least the print edition, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucka001 View Post
    Wow! Sean, you've remained quiet about this! I mean, I marched up and down the town square announcing that I had been in the magazine (first question posed to Fish in the stumping game on the back page), and you were actually interviewed for it?!

I'm hoping to see it in the mailbox soon, it always takes a little while from the UK to Canada, but at least with a subscription I still get it a while before it appears in the stores.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Nice to hear it's out. We had (their editor Jerry and I) been kicking around the idea of an interview/article for a year or so now. It's that column about "My Record Collection" (not my PROG record collection- though there's plenty in there). I had a bit to talk about PE too and my music and such. I think it will be in the stores in the US sometime by mid Jan. I haven't seen it myself, if someone could take a screen shot or two and send it over I'd dig it. I was pleased to see PE get some press!
    Last edited by Sean; 12-31-2012 at 11:20 AM.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Way cool Sean, congratulations.

I'd have been buying it anyway for the Sid Smith Crimson stuff but that's the added cherry on the top.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Our FYE told me they are not carrying it anymore
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Our FYE told me they are not carrying it anymore
    is that cause they are going out of business. Some more stores are on the chopping block that I know of - two in NJ. One of the stores I go to in Bucks County had the Foxtrot issue yesterday.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I've had this for a while through the mail, but haven't opened it yet. I'll take a look (I'm behind in reading issues, but I need to see Sean!).

Sean, when mine arrives I'll scan the article (if nobody else has done so).

I really do think subscription is the way to go with this one. As I said, it does take some time to arrive, but the huge plus for me is not having to seek it out every month. I subscribed as soon as they made them available (issue #5 or 6 if I recall). What a shame that I missed out on the very first issue, else I'd have a complete collection of them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

They even got the web address right - that's quality!

What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Cool I'll look for the magazine, and cool screen shots of Sean and collection. I used to have that type shelving to showcase my vinyl covers too in my old house.

I've been finding the magazine at the local Barnes and Noble last few issues.

I got a copy in the mail today with In The Court of the Crimson King on the cover (of the folder it comes in).

Looks good - I love that feature of the magazine, and it's cool to see you there, Sean! Soon PE will be flooded with new members. Sorry ladies, he's taken!

No, I'm not!

Sean, are those LP shelves actually in your home, or was that set up for the photo shoot?

I did it at work. I totally lucked out with the height of the shelves.

Ted, thanks for scanning that. It will be a week or two until it's out here so thanks for the preview.
    Last edited by Sean; 12-31-2012 at 04:22 PM.

I meant to say "He's for sale to the highest bidder."

Banned
    the computer is blocking "foxtrot!"

And Discipline!

What a wonderful shot. Congratulations, Sean.
    Last edited by zombywoof; 12-31-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Yay! Congrats, Sean--great article and pic!
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

Banned
    that is a good pic..I just noticed Trick of the Tail and Voyage of the Acolyte on the bottom row.