Thread: Seeking a natural Chinese speaker

Seeking a natural Chinese speaker

Hi,
    For the new LeapDay album (From The Days Of Deucalion II) I'm looking for a voice with a piece of narration in chinese. Who can help me with the correct translation of a phrase in Chinese? The result is a recording file (for instance with an iPhone and without any distracting noise) for the song: Ya-Who.

我要告诉你,你必须传递给你的孩子讲故事。
    有一天,球体是如此接近,地球呻吟着:所有的图层已经挤到了一起,它的路径发生了变化,它的风已经脱臼,它 的海洋已经被抛在了大陆及其海域变成了沙漠。山被取消,岛屿消失在水下,河流上游跑去。伟大的皇帝立法者下 令人类推向了天空一点一点,而叫他的名字。这是该回荡到每一个角落的地上的声音。

"I'm going to tell you a story that you must pass on to your children.
    One day, the orb was so close, that the earth growled: All its layers had been pushed together, its path had changed, its winds had been dislocated, its oceans had been thrown upon the continents and its seas had turned into deserts. Mountains were lifted, islands disappeared under water and rivers ran upstream. The great emperor legislator ordered humanity to push up the sky little by little, while calling his name. It was the voice of the earth which reverberated to every corner."

On behalf LeapDay,
    Derk-Evert Waalkens

And no, not secretly read the menu from the restaurant

Suspended
    Seeking a natural Chinese speaker? Hmmm, there are about a billion of them so shouldn't be too hard.

Finding one that also speaks English and is a member of PE - that might be a little more difficult.

Among the millions of Chinese people will undoubtedly also a lot of prog fans. Don't you think? I'm looking for the one who wants to help us gladly in exchange for a free (if desired even signed... wow!) version of From The Day's Of Deucalion, chapter 2 when it comes out in the fall of 2015.
    Last edited by KingEider; 08-19-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Are you looking for a male or female voice? My wife is a native Chinese speaker, although maybe not so much of a prog fan (but she has been with me to some concerts). I speak some but certainly not fluent enough for this.

Male or female does not really matter. Most importantly it has the feel as if a legend is retold to the next generation.

Thanks to this property it was possible to find a great voice for the Chinese narration for the song Ya-Who in chapter two of the days of Deucalion. The mixes are done and the album will be mastered next week. Then we put all the pieces back together and it goes to the CD factory.
    Thank you SRS!