Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KiNG LLAMA is new to Progressive Ears!

KiNG LLAMA is new to Progressive Ears!

Hi everybody!

We humbly say hello to all fellow progers. We are enjoying the discussions here. We are an instrumental prog fusion band from Los Angeles called KING LLAMA. We are in the process of making our sophomore record. We've recently done a few live studio sessions and here are some links for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33Zr0eXpQA

http://youtu.be/sLxz8pRZKxY

We made a debut record 2 years ago, and invite all of you to stream it or download a copy of it for free from bandcamp:

http://kingllama.bandcamp.com

It is good, but we promise our forthcoming record will be miles ahead. We've been touring this summer, and plan to continue in the fall. Any ProgressiveEars that come to a show can receive a free cocktail of their choice if they approach a band member and mention ProgEars.

-King Llama

Old man of prog
    Welcome aboard guys!

I plan on taking you up on that drink offer ASAP. Any gigs coming up?

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Welcome to PE, King Llama! Lesson #1: Know Your Audience. You probably should have labeled your post "FREE DRINKS" - that would have prompted more responses here at PE.

Seriously, I downloaded your album and will give it some listens for sure. Thanks.
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

Welcome! I know your brother, Dalai....

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by mpoll View Post
    Welcome to PE, King Llama! Lesson #1: Know Your Audience. You probably should have labeled your post "FREE DRINKS" - that would have prompted more responses here at PE.

Seriously, I downloaded your album and will give it some listens for sure. Thanks.
    Ha! What's more attractive here? Free Prog or free drinks?

Hmmmmmm

That youtube Spirit Vision session sounded pretty good man!

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Ha! What's more attractive here? Free Prog or free drinks?

Hmmmmmm
    If I could get Free Drinks directly from the Internet on my computer, it would be a tie. Maybe somebody can get Al Gore to work on that one...
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

Thank you very much. That track will be on our next album.

Hello fellow proggers!

We know this is not the place for self advertising, and is more of a community of progressive fusion lovers, and a place for intriguing discussions... However, we do want to briefly introduce you all to a new album we are just releasing, as it is a fresh take on a modern-meets-classic progressive Rock/Jazz approach. The album is available for streaming and downloading, all linked from our website: kingllama.com We hope you will find this music appealing, and look forward to any discussions that might arise.
    Again, it is not our intent to use this forum as platform for self advertising. We appreciate and respect the nature of progressiveears, and look to spark interesting conversations about modern approaches to progressive music. We feel King Llama's new release, Return to Ox, is testing some interesting boundaries on the progressive mindset, and we would love to hear any opinions and have any discussions about it, and that concept in general. Please enjoy.

humbly,
    King Llama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingllama.com

I mentioned it here last week in another thread. not sure how many might have took notice, so reviving your thread is a good idea because the music is really good. have the tracks from Serving the Multiverse been changed up any? there's quite a few here that enjoy music such as this. I think Return To Ox will certainly please that crowd.

cheers
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    I mentioned it here last week in another thread. not sure how many might have took notice, so reviving your thread is a good idea because the music is really good. have the tracks from Serving the Multiverse been changed up any? there's quite a few here that enjoy music such as this. I think Return To Ox will certainly please that crowd.

cheers
    Hi Proggosaurus,

thank you for sharing that link.

Return to Ox is technically our 2nd album, but we do consider it our first professional release - as it was recorded at East West Studios (Los Angeles), and we had the pleasure of working with the esteemed Dave Schiffman (The Mars Volta, System of a Down, Audioslave, etc)...

Our first album (or EP), Serving the Multiverse, was more of a home made album, recorded years ago. We did decide to re-record 3 compositions from that album onto the new release, Return to Ox. Those tracks - Cap'n Mustard Hair, Call Me Elmo, and Hershey Highway - are all new recordings.

Old man of prog
    I bought the 24/96 of this on bandcamp and I was very impressed. Deftly payed I must say. Love getting a solid dose of fusion

Quote Originally Posted by kingllama View Post
    Hi Proggosaurus,

Return to Ox is technically our 2nd album, but we do consider it our first professional release - as it was recorded at East West Studios (Los Angeles), and we had the pleasure of working with the esteemed Dave Schiffman (The Mars Volta, System of a Down, Audioslave, etc)...

Our first album (or EP), Serving the Multiverse, was more of a home made album, recorded years ago. We did decide to re-record 3 compositions from that album onto the new release, Return to Ox. Those tracks - Cap'n Mustard Hair, Call Me Elmo, and Hershey Highway - are all new recordings.
    I'll book a show for you at our venue in the Bay Area. I hope you guys focus on live shows because it's really needed. We need a lot more live prog and fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tributary Records View Post
    I'll book a show for you at our venue in the Bay Area. I hope you guys focus on live shows because it's really needed. We need a lot more live prog and fusion.
    thanx for reaching out to them. I was hoping you might. they're a tight young band. hopefully, they can work it out w/you. whether you have already or not isn't my business but you should do the same with others here, starting with some serious conversation with Steve F.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by kingllama View Post
    Hi Proggosaurus,

no problem. bought and I'm really enjoying it. good luck!
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Here's a link to one of our songs on soundcloud for your listening pleasure:

https://soundcloud.com/king-llama/03-sensei

Hey King Llama, thanks for this, y'all sound great!

Are you familiar with Strawberry Girls? A similar heavy groove sound. From Salinas, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by gntsketches View Post
    Hey King Llama, thanks for this, y'all sound great!

Are you familiar with Strawberry Girls? A similar heavy groove sound. From Salinas, CA.
    Yeah, Strawberry Girls are solid! We've gigged with them before, and look to do so in the future.

Glad you dig the tracks.

nice to see that you're getting some feedback kingllama. sometimes, the more popular threads on page one move so quick that other ones get buried. it's not always from a lack of interest.

cheers!
    i.ain't.dead.irock

We'd like to invite any of our progears friends to our record release party in LA this Friday! At CIA, North Hollywood.

Send us a PM, and we'll send you the flyer. Tell your friends it's only $5 for NON progears members. FREE for members!

Membership has its benefits.

"Sensei" is a sensational track!!!
    The Prog Corner

Hi Everyone!

A quick update on King Llama. Our newest full length release is available in digital, CD, and Vinyl at this link:

kingllama.bandcamp.com

We offer a Hi Rez (24/96) digital download for $6.99. Please visit the link, if you have yet to experience this music.

facebook.com/kingllamamusic
    instagram.com/kingllamamusic

King Llama is mostly a live experience, and will be touring So California, starting in November. You can also catch random weekend shows happening in the Los Angeles area until then.

We hope to meet some fellow ProgEars in the near future! Check our socials for upcoming events.

Old man of prog
    Wow. Hi Rez for $7? Most people charge $15 or more. Thx. I will check this out for sure. Good luck.

King Llama is being played on House of Prog right now.