Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking Plague Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Excellent, congrats to the band, terrific news, looks like someone threw in another $500, wonder who is having the house concert?
    Funded! Awesome. To whoever pledged $1000... I want to show up at your house now. lol I also upped my contribution yesterday after the wife gave me permission. I wanted to see this go through so bad - we all win!

Woooohoooo, we have done it! Reached our goal and a little over..in 19 days! We actually still have 11 days to go. Thanks to all you great "Plague Heads" for this. It's humbling. When you work on the very fringe of the musical fringe, as we do, you never get a sense of anything like huge support. But this experience has shown us otherwise....at least within the parameters of our specialized universe. Again, thanks to everyone who pledged, spread the word, or whatever. We'll try to do you proud. A word of warning, though. One should never try to imagine, anticipate or place expectations upon what an imminent Thinking Plague disc is going to be like. Best to just not think about it, let it come, and then listen...a lot. As I've said, I think this one could be the best.....but what that could mean is different for everyone. In any event, I think the material is very very good and the sound will be great.
    mj

^ ^ ^ ^

where's that damn "like" button.

Oh, yeah! Here!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Couldn't contribute, but man this makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ-Plagued View Post
    A word of warning, though. One should never try to imagine, anticipate or place expectations upon what an imminent Thinking Plague disc is going to be like.
    At this point, has your record label had a chance to evaluate its commercial potential yet? Better make sure you have a few hit singles they can promote, else they'll send you back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrailroad View Post
    Couldn't contribute, but man this makes me happy.
    Hey, you contributed your guitar player!

I'm glad this is going to happen too!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Excellent, congrats to the band, terrific news, looks like someone threw in another $500, wonder who is having the house concert?
    ha ha, I've been to a few of those

Very happy - can't wait to get the new album.

Big congratulations. A victory for art. A reason to rejoice.

Outstanding!

Congrats ! I hope you don't mind that I share a little preview of Thinking Plague's new, ultra-commercial approach ! My favorite part is where Mike Johnson gets bit on the ass by a crab !!

http://http://www.jibjab.com/view/6rLInldQQ7qtpck8OVV46Q?mt=1&utm_campaign=Sharer+Po pUp&utm_content=walking_on_sunshine&utm_medium=Sha re&utm_source=Facebook

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    At this point, has your record label had a chance to evaluate its commercial potential yet? Better make sure you have a few hit singles they can promote, else they'll send you back to the drawing board.
    Apparently, they've decided they need a write-off!

Quote Originally Posted by Prehensile Pencil View Post
    Congrats ! I hope you don't mind that I share a little preview of Thinking Plague's new, ultra-commercial approach ! My favorite part is where Mike Johnson gets bit on the ass by a crab !!

http://http://www.jibjab.com/view/6rLInldQQ7qtpck8OVV46Q?mt=1&utm_campaign=Sharer+Po pUp&utm_content=walking_on_sunshine&utm_medium=Sha re&utm_source=Facebook
    Hehehehehhh...... Thanks dor that, Dave. Gotta good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^

where's that damn "like" button.

Oh, yeah! Here!
    Indeed, so happy to know this was successful. Pleased as plums, i tell ya

Now get to work, you guys

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

And now the waiting begins

2 days left in this campaign...

Mike - Thinking Plague:
    "eventhough we already hit our goal. And predictably, pledges have leveled off sharply since then, although there have been a couple new backers. In the mean time, I have not been "pushing it since we hit our goal because, having laid out our plan and expected budget needs and so on, on the Kickstarter page, well...it seemed kind of greedy or opportunistic to go asking for more.
    However!...... ;^ > ..... I have been looking at other costs, such as that of flying to certain locations to be able to work with certain producer-engineers on mixing the new CD, not to mention related expenses such as accommodation, food, etc. I was reluctant to shoot for more than $8,000, because....well, frankly, I really had no idea if we'd be able to raise even a fraction of that (again, I have been blown away by this outpouring of support!).
    But as it turned out, you wonderful folks pledged the full amount in only about 2 weeks! Hindsight is 20/20, etc., etc., but perhaps we should have set a higher goal! Because, if things go as predicted, It's likely there won't be funds left to cover those other costs.
    Therefore, I guess, if some folks are still interested in helping us (and availing themselves of the rewards), it wouldn't be merely be giving us a surplus we don't need. It would actually be guarantying that we can finish the entire process without delay or compromise.
    So, if you excellent backers are willing to send out one last appeal via your various channels and connections, we'd be much obliged.
    Thank you very much.

Yes, as Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part but DO consider contributing to the campaign before it ends. The album is likely to come out far sooner if there is a generous enough budget.

That said, these things do take time especially when everyone has a day job and other life concerns. Still, amazingly good things come to those who wait

This will be very good, i'm sure

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It looks like only the $75 perk option includes a CD? And there's no complete download offered? Just making sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It looks like only the $75 perk option includes a CD? And there's no complete download offered? Just making sure I'm understanding it correctly.
    Its been discussed in the other thread:

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...paign-launched