Thread: Door does Miles Davis impression in parking garage.

Door does Miles Davis impression in parking garage.

My buddy sent me that this morning too. Pretty cool.

It would be a shame to lubricate it now. It's famous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    It would be a shame to lubricate it now. It's famous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What is Tapatalk? I just saw it on my smartphone yesterday for the first time ever. Is it new?

It's a public forum front-end, some boards used to use it so I had it on my iPad but never cared for it. There's a lot of overhead for no visible benefit. It seems PE is experimenting with it for mobile access.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Sony mistakenly labelled Miles Davis as "an iconic singer" in an August 7, 2015 press release for an upcoming biopic they are producing.

Other day I heard a radio DJ correctly state that Eagle Eye Cherry is the son of Don Cherry. He went on to state that Don Cherry was a famous record producer who also played the bass. I haven't listened to the radio since.

Jazz musicians don't get no respect.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Other day I heard a radio DJ correctly state that Eagle Eye Cherry is the son of Don Cherry. He went on to state that Don Cherry was a famous record producer who also played the bass. I haven't listened to the radio since.

Jazz musicians don't get no respect.
    Sounds like sour Grapes.

This should have been on the "Bitches Brew" box as an outtake.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

I had no idea there was more than one Don Cherry. I had only heard of the trumpeter/cornetist who once played in Ornette Coleman's band. Eagle Eye Cherry is the son of that Don Cherry (1936-1995). No wonder the DJ was confused. I was merely lamenting the bygone days when you could learn something from radio DJs, because they did their homework before they spoke. "Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago, oh yeah."
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I had no idea there was more than one Don Cherry. I had only heard of the trumpeter/cornetist who once played in Ornette Coleman's band. Eagle Eye Cherry is the son of that Don Cherry (1936-1995). No wonder the DJ was confused. I was merely lamenting the bygone days when you could learn something from radio DJs, because they did their homework before they spoke. "Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago, oh yeah."
    Nice!

The same goes for Sony, whose press release for a biopic on Miles Davis was written by someone who doesn't know who Miles Davis was. The press release was apparently never proofread by anyone who had heard of Davis. Does not give one high hopes for a decent documentary from Sony. Might be better to watch that door close.

Sony mistakenly labelled Miles Davis as "an iconic singer" in an August 7, 2015 press release for an upcoming biopic they are producing.

Some decades ago, I heard someone mention that the famous Boston Bruins coach and TV commentator actually was a jazz player before turning to hockey.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane
    Some decades ago, I heard someone mention that the famous Boston Bruins coach and TV commentator actually was a jazz player before turning to hockey.
    I think some people just talk to hear the sound of their own voice. Too bad so many of them are in professions where they are expected to relay factual information.

not Bitches Brew at all

perhaps Dark Magus era
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I saw the thread title and thought, who is "door?" Some crazy, avant, street musician? That was kinda cool.

That door just wasn't the same after the 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -noisynoise
    www.polarizedguru.com - 5-piece jazz fusion group
    www.incandescentsky.com - inventive improvisational instrumental ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    not Bitches Brew at all

perhaps Dark Magus era
    My fave.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I saw the thread title and thought, who is "door?" Some crazy, avant, street musician? That was kinda cool.
    I thought of Manzarek or Krieger, tbh, before clicking on it.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.