Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saw Blue Oyster Cult Friday Night

My show was BOC only. I wish VF opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    damn! I could have hooked up with you and Jay! I was there. I think the only person wearing an Arcturus t shirt
    That would have been good. I thought the show was good but not great. The set list was a bit weak, short and the venue was about 100 degrees inside. Vanilla Fudge were OK as well. They have about 3 songs they wrote and everything else is a cover.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
    That would have been good. I thought the show was good but not great. The set list was a bit weak, short and the venue was about 100 degrees inside. Vanilla Fudge were OK as well. They have about 3 songs they wrote and everything else is a cover.
    I could not get into Vanilla Fudge, in all honesty. I was not a huge fan of what I had heard in the past, mainly because they are essentially a cover band. BOC changes their set around often. I think the only consistencies in their concerts are the three main hits. Everything else gets rotated in and out. I don't think I ever heard Me 262 at a show I attended before though.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

A couple weeks ago I made a playlist on my PC called BOC Pop. 15 of the poppier Cult songs and while I love the metal side of BOC this does make a pleasant listening session

Burnin' For You
    True Confessions
    ETI
    The Revenge of Vera Gemini
    Morning Final
    Debbie Denise
    Goin' Through the Motions
    Fire of Unknown Origin
    Don't Turn Your Back
    Take Me Away
    Shooting Shark
    Dancin' in the Ruins
    Perfect Water
    (Don't Fear) The Reaper
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    A couple weeks ago I made a playlist on my PC called BOC Pop. 15 of the poppier Cult songs and while I love the metal side of BOC this does make a pleasant listening session

Burnin' For You
    True Confessions
    ETI
    The Revenge of Vera Gemini
    Morning Final
    Debbie Denise
    Goin' Through the Motions
    Fire of Unknown Origin
    Don't Turn Your Back
    Take Me Away
    Shooting Shark
    Dancin' in the Ruins
    Perfect Water
    (Don't Fear) The Reaper

All good songs and more proof that these guys could do just about anything. I was always kind of surprised "Dancin In The Ruins" was not a hit. Another one I would throw in there would be "In Thee". A very simple song from Alan Lanier, but it has an great hook.