Thread: Fragile in 5.1 release date set

Fragile in 5.1 release date set

"When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

That All Fighters Past cut sounds very interesting.

I thought there already was a Fragile in 5.1? Are we already getting remixes of technologies that were not even dreamed of when the original tracks were laid down? I can't keep up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I thought there already was a Fragile in 5.1? Are we already getting remixes of technologies that were not even dreamed of when the original tracks were laid down? I can't keep up anymore.
    There was one, but it will pale in comparison to this

Steve Wilson is setting the controls and there is a fair amount of bonus material

Topographic "should" be next......(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    There was one, but it will pale in comparison to this

Steve Wilson is setting the controls and there is a fair amount of bonus material

Topographic "should" be next......(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

BG
    I doubt that. Although people have bitched about the edits and mix of the DVD 5.1, it does however have phenominal sound and good low end. If SW repeats his other efforts which went over board to sound like the original compressed percussion and bass, then this would be a waste of my money. Original isn't necessarily better. It could be that Fragile has better multichannel recordings than the others had, and in that case it could be awesome like SWs work on his own 5.1 recordings.

To each his own, I love what SW has done with the Yes catalog previously on the 5.1 layers

The older one doesn't have any bonus material, other than "America" as I recall - I'd want this for the bonus material in any case

That said I do need to dig out the older one and revisit

BG

Question:

Why is remixing a stereo album for 5.1 okay, when remixing a mono album for stereo is such an abomination?

Apologies and embarrassment, I didn't see the previous thread already started on this

BG

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Question:

Why is remixing a stereo album for 5.1 okay, when remixing a mono album for stereo is such an abomination?
    What exactly do you mean? which remixes from mono to stereo?
    If you are talking an upmix, then both upmix from mono to stereo and upmix from stereo to 5.1 is an abomination,
    If not an upmix but a true mix from multichannel - whover called this an abomination?
    Can you be more specific?

I'll pass on this. Even though I don't hate Fragile I'm not a big fan of the album. I have a good sounding cd version and that's all I need.

Somewhere I have a DVD-A of this, been a while since I listened though. May check it out. Fairly sure it has a DTS track on it.

My all time fave of the DVD-A releases is Queen's Night At The Opera. The Prophet Song vocal section is astonishing on that version.
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    Somewhere I have a DVD-A of this, been a while since I listened though. May check it out. Fairly sure it has a DTS track on it.

My all time fave of the DVD-A releases is Queen's Night At The Opera. The Prophet Song vocal section is astonishing on that version.
    So what if it has a DTS track, DTS sucks (with the exception of DTS Master Audio on Bluray, or DTS 96/24.

Five Percent for Nothing in stunning 5.1 surround sound? YES!

Seriously, the highlight here (for me, at least) will be hearing Heart of the Sunrise after a SW remix...should be incredible.