Thread: Chris Squire (Tribute Tour) Experiment

Chris Squire (Tribute Tour) Experiment

I've seen about 40 Yesshows since the Talk tour in 94, and it struck me that the first show of that tour in Phoenix I attended was the last one that I attended where I did not know the setlist prior to the show

I recall there being some doubt in my mind whether Endless Dream would be played, and it was quite a good feeling when Jon intro'd it

I'll be seeing the show this Wednesday, and I've made a conscious decision to avoid the setlist this time

I'd heard rumors of a couple of songs I'd love to be played, should be great if they actually are

Should be an interesting experiment to see how this affects my enjoyment, presuming I'm able to resist tour threads, (questionable)

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I've seen about 40 Yesshows since the Talk tour in 94, and it struck me that the first show of that tour in Phoenix I attended was the last one that I attended where I did not know the setlist prior to the show

I recall there being some doubt in my mind whether Endless Dream would be played, and it was quite a good feeling when Jon intro'd it

I'll be seeing the show this Wednesday, and I've made a conscious decision to avoid the setlist this time

I'd heard rumors of a couple of songs I'd love to be played, should be great if they actually are

Should be an interesting experiment to see how this affects my enjoyment, presuming I'm able to resist tour threads, (questionable)

BG
    I am seeing them a week from Saturday and have thought about doing the same thing, but.........I probably don't have the willpower to avoid the concert threads both here and on facebook that will have songs listed.

I'm seeing them Sunday, and I'm looking forward to the surprises that Geoff Downes promised.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

There's definitely a song that I both hope and fear they will attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    There's definitely a song that I both hope and fear they will attempt.
    Sound Chaser?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'd guess he means "To Be Ova"

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am seeing them a week from Saturday and have thought about doing the same thing, but.........I probably don't have the willpower to avoid the concert threads both here and on facebook that will have songs listed.
    Yup.....I already slipped and looked at the set list.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Sound Chaser?
    That would probably fit the fear category more than any Yes song for all involved!

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    That would probably fit the fear category more than any Yes song for all involved!
    Agreed - I offered TBO only because it had, (and has), been rumored

So far so good, I've only accidentally happened upon two songs from the set, neither great surprises

BG

Don't click on the link that Sean posted in the tour thread then. In fact, might want to avoid that thread altogether.

Well, so far, fears not realized. For the best, I imagine.

Well, my show is tonight, very much looking forward to a little break from reality, (Momisita is not doing well).

I was only partially successful in avoiding the songs, I know of 5 that have been played, none of which are major surprises, so good in that way as I'm pretty sure a deep cut will be pulled out

Hoping for at least one from Heaven and Earth, and that would be Believe Again if I was picking

Heading down to Little Italy for some authentic Spagetti and Meatballs and a lot of Vino shortly

BG

Enjoy the show, Brian (I'm sure you will).

And sorry to hear about your mother.

Enjoy the show, Brian (I'm sure you will).

And sorry to hear about your mother.
    Thanks man. appreciate it

BG

Well that was one failed experiment - I wish I'd looked because then I wouldn't have been so disappointed with the milk toast song selection choices

Quite a disappointing evening

BG

I'm surprised to hear that.

It wasn't a "dangerous" set list, but I thought it was entertaining.

I'm surprised to hear that.

It wasn't a "dangerous" set list, but I thought it was entertaining.
    I needed ONE deep track that hadn't been pulled out recently or had never been done

They'd floated a few songs, I was pretty sure I'd get one

Given they were playing with a co-headliner I probably expected too much and should have known it would largely be what you'd expect

I'm sure I'll enjoy it more on the Cruise

BG

I just don't think this lineup is very ambitious. They play it safe live and on record.