Thread: For those Tate/Queensryche fans out there..

For those Tate/Queensryche fans out there..

found this on Twitter..

new album

hope this isn't old news. haven't seen anything posted..

looks like he's coming out with a 3-part concept album called The Key. doubt it will be any more prog than QR (which wasn't very) but hey it's a concept album that may be worth checking out.

seems the new band name is Operation Mindcrime though i think that's bit overlong. prefer just simply Mindcrime.

and why does he need 7 guys in the band?
    Last edited by UnephenStephen; 08-07-2015 at 06:06 AM.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Both bands have new albums coming soon. Tate's Operation Mindcrime band Latorre's Queensryche both have new releases in the can. Just like last time it looks like they are going to be released fairly close to each other. Not sure if this is on purpose or just coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Both bands have new albums coming soon. Tate's Operation Mindcrime band Latorre's Queensryche both have new releases in the can. Just like last time it looks like they are going to be released fairly close to each other. Not sure if this is on purpose or just coincidence.
    i actually liked the LaTorre debut. hopefully they can continue in that direction on the new one.

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    i actually liked the LaTorre debut. hopefully they can continue in that direction on the new one.
    The first song from the new album Condition Human already sounds better than anything from that one.

"Arrow of Time" – https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia/...-arrow-of-time

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    I liked it but think it was rushed and could have been better. I saw both Tate's and LaTorre's band and they were both very good. I am hoping with the new Queensryce that they take their time and put out something really good. I think they are capable of it.

a trailer with samples from The Key..

samples

Unevensong - Camel

Tates clip sounds great, still has stellar pipes!

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Tates clip sounds great, still has stellar pipes!
    I saw his version of Queensryche (now Mindcrime) the last time they toured and I honestly thought he sound the best I had heard him in years. It was a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I saw his version of Queensryche (now Mindcrime) the last time they toured and I honestly thought he sound the best I had heard him in years. It was a pleasant surprise.
    I love going to shows that turn out to be "pleasant surprises!" Glad you had one! I'm not a huge fan, but certainly admire his vocals. It seems he went a bit off the rails recently, but I still dig his voice!

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I love going to shows that turn out to be "pleasant surprises!" Glad you had one! I'm not a huge fan, but certainly admire his vocals. It seems he went a bit off the rails recently, but I still dig his voice!
    I saw both versions of Queensryche within about a month of each other. They were both great. Tate can't hit the really high stuff he used too, but as mentioned above I thought his voice was in the best shape I had heard it in a long time. La Torre was simply amazing and could belt out all the really early stuff that Tate used to do. Bottom line I enjoyed both shows a lot.

Just read an Interview with Tate and and interview with Michael Wilton and I think it is interesting that Tate’s band has actually moved in a more progressive direction with a concept album, and Queensryche have kind of gone back and embraced their early metal roots. Why the hell could they not do either of these things when they were together for the last 20 years? Oh well, I am really liking the tracks I have heard from both albums so I think it is a win win for both camps.

Tate may be extending (regurgitating) his rock opera, but at this point it's anything but progressive. IMO, he's the single greatest single reason for the band's decline after their glory years. Some of his songs are mind-numbingly bad. Dedicated To Chaos, the last album before the split, plumbed depths I thought they'd never hit. It's great that Wilty, Eddie and Rock finally shook him off the proverbial pant leg. The two new QR songs sound better than anything they've done since Empire.
    Last edited by dropforge; 09-18-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Tate may be extending (regurgitating) his rock opera, but at this point it's anything but progressive. IMO, he's the single greatest single reason for the band's decline after their glory years. Some of his songs are mind-numbingly bad. Dedicated To Chaos, the last album before the split, plumbed depths I thought they'd never hit. It's a great that Wilty, Eddie and Rock finally shook him off the proverbial pant leg. The two new QR songs sound better than anything they've done since Empire.
    i heard a couple YT's from the Key and to me it sounds like old QR - hard rock with barely a sign of anything progressive. it may be a concept album but i don't hear anything particularly different or challenging.

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Tate may be extending (regurgitating) his rock opera, but at this point it's anything but progressive. IMO, he's the single greatest single reason for the band's decline after their glory years. Some of his songs are mind-numbingly bad. Dedicated To Chaos, the last album before the split, plumbed depths I thought they'd never hit. It's great that Wilty, Eddie and Rock finally shook him off the proverbial pant leg. The two new QR songs sound better than anything they've done since Empire.
    I agree "Chaos" was a terrible album.

The Key is pretty good, surprisingly so. A lot of synths as well on some tracks.

just found this on YT..

while reading this..

http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-0...tream-hellfire
    Last edited by UnephenStephen; 09-21-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Unevensong - Camel

I am only now taking real time to listen to the Operation: Mindcrime trilogy of albums. These are strong records.

I'm a big Tate fan, so I am happy that these are so good not only vocally, but compositionally. I was not expecting the level of prog and modernity infused into these records. Easily the best albums he's sang on since 'Promised Land'.

His only misstep, IMO, was calling the band Operation: Mindcrime. It creates unnecessary expectation.